Chapter 49

Rae's POV

I watched my brother's crew pack up their supplies and load them onto the ship, The Jolly Roger. Killian decided to only stay two nights in Neverland. One night to explain his disappearance and us filling in our lives without one another. Another night to rest after we spent a day hanging out together. Now today was the day that I leave Neverland and go sailing with Killian and his crew.

" Ready, pig? " , Killian asked me

My nickname pig came from when Killian realized that I ate like a pig because I was always hungry.

" I think so, slug. " , I replied.

His nickname slug came from Killian's slowness of everything.

" Do you really want to leave? " , Killian asked concerned.

" Yeah. Why wouldn't I? " , I asked trying not to sound nervous.

" You are nervous. " , he said as he held my hand preventing me from playing with my hands when I got nervous.

" So you really want to give up that royal life? " , he asked.

" Yes. I do. " , I nodded. " You followed your path so I shall follow mine. "

He chuckled before patting my head.

" Captain, there some mermaids nearby. " , Smee, Killian's sidesick, stated.

" Of course. Those bloody fish sticks never leave us alone. " , he muttered before following Smee.

I watched my brother walk away and sighed. I turned around to glance at the dark forest of Neverland before I spotted a pair of green eyes watching me from a distance. There stood Peter leaning against a tree with crossed arms against his chest. Watching my every move.

I smirked before I started to walk along the shoreline of the waters playfully. Peter's eyes widened before he glared at me and shook his head. I lightly chuckled before I approached him.

I frowned when I got closer to him. His brown hair was messy. His eyes were a soft green. Tear stains displayed on his cheeks.

" Peter, have you been crying? " , I asked softly.

He didn't say anything. Just looked down at me with his emerald eyes.

I saw a tear escape from one of his eyes and I brushed it away with my thumb gently. I sighed seeing his eyes becoming glassy but I could tell that he was trying to hold it in.

" Peter. " , I whispered softly before holding his hands gently.

That's all I had to say before streams of tears poured down his cheeks. I hugged Peter tightly as he buried his face into my shoulder crying. The bloody demon broke out revealing a broken lost boy.

" I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I'm sorry. " , he repeated quietly holding me tightly.

" I forgive you. " , I whispered softly as I ran my fingers through his hair gently.

He continued crying softly and I continued to comfort him. I whispered soothing words into his ear and stroked his hair gently. Finally, he broke away and wiped his remaining tears before looking down.

" I failed you. " , he whispered.

" You never failed me, Peter. Peter Pan never fails, remember? I wasn't happy at first but I understood and now I'm over it. I already talked to Petra so we are all good now. " , I said rubbing his arms gently.

Peter slowly nodded and held my hands before placing one of them to his cheek. I smiled and carelessly his cheeks before I kissed his nose.

" Congrats on solving the riddle. " , he said.

" Thanks. " , I smiled. " It was fun and interesting. But I'm glad that I took the challenge so I could meet you. "

Peter smirked before I felt my cheeks blush. He wrapped his arms around me and kissed my cheek as I laid my head on his chest. I closed my eyes feeling safe in his arms. Petra was right. It was meant to be.

" So are you still my girlfriend? " , Peter asked.

" Peter. We had this conversation many times. I'm not your girlfriend unless you ask me out. " , I reminded him.

" Okay. Rae Jones, will you give me a chance and go out with me? " , Peter asked.

" Are you serious? " , I asked surprised.

He slowly nodded. " I like you more than a friend who is a girl. " , he said shyly.

I blushed at his words and bit my lip.

" I do have a small crush on you. " , I confessed "  So yes I will be your girlfriend. " , I giggled.

Peter's eyes lightened up before he smiled at me and hugged me tightly as I hugged him back. It felt right to be with him.

Then unexpectedly, Peter leaned in closer and kissed me gently. I smiled as I kissed him back gently. My arms wrapped around his neck and his arms around my waist. Like two lovebirds.

" Bloody hell! " , I heard Killian shriek.

" I did not see that coming. " , I heard Petra's voice said.

Peter and I stopped and turned around to see our silbings staring at us with wide eyes and jaws open. Then Killian and Petra looked at one another before looking at us. Peter and I just laughed at their reaction.