Chapter 12

Rae's POV

I hid from the guards that walked along the hallways searching for any trouble. Too bad, they couldn't find me. Watching them pass by me, I sneakily went towards Damon's room and listened for anything from inside.

Silence.

I smirked to myself before I slowly and carefully opened the door to reveal Damon's room. It was just like any other royal room. Fancy with the most expensive furniture and fabrics and the darkest colors. He has no taste at all.

I entered the room and closed it behind me gently before I saw his drawers. I quickly searched through every single drawer tossing clothes and socks everywhere before I groaned in frustration.

" She said they were in his drawers! " , I whispered to myself.

" Looking for these? " , Damon taunted me as he swung a small bag of what I assumed were the magic beans.

" Give me that bag. " , I demanded

" Not until you tell me why you want them so bad. " , Damon said.

" Well why do you have them in the first place? " , I asked with crossed arms.

" It's my transportation to visit my girlfriend. " , Damon said causally. " Very rare in Romania because its magical, but thankfully my girlfriend has some to share. "

I looked at Damon. I needed to know something. Even if it means digger a bit deeper.

" Who is your girlfriend? " , I asked with curiosity.

" Her name is Evie. " , Damon said. " That's all I'm saying.

Dang it.

" Where did you plan to go to if you had a magic bean? " , Damon asked as he started to circle me. " Trying to escape? "

" You wouldn't believe me if I had told you. " , I stated.

" Tell me anyway, princess. " , he cooed softly as he gave me a warm smile.

" I plan to go to Neverland. " , I mumbled. " To see a girl named Petra. "

Damon froze in place. I turned to see him staring off into space before looking at me. His purple eyes held something that I have never seen before in him. Fear.

Suddenly, he wrapped his arms around me making me lay my head against his chest as he held me close like I was fragile.

" Don't go. " , Damon whispered as he stroked my hair. " For the sake of your precious self, don't go to that island. "

" You can't tell me what to do. " , I said childishly.

He picked me up and sat me on his bed before holding my hands gently like he was talking to a little girl.

" I know we aren't on good terms, Rae. But you have to trust me. Don't go to Neverland. Don't! It's a trap. " , he said sternly yet softly. " I know I'm a jerk, but not to the point where I want you to get hurt and even possibly killed. "

" Well then I guess if that were to happen, you would be blamed for. " , I smirked.

" Rae, if you step foot into that island. You won't be able to leave and believe me. You won't. You will either become a prisoner or get killed. Either way, everyone's memory will be wipped out of your existence. " , Damon said firmly. " I'm not the bad guy. Those creatures at Neverland are. "

" You are lying. " , I said coldly.

" I'm not, Rae. Evie is friends with those bloody demons and tells me stories that would make you want to close your window and lock your room because you never know where they are lurking in the darkness. " , Damon said.

His hands started to tremble when he spoke with a shaky voice. Maybe he isn't lying.

" I understand if you don't believe me, but I will do anything if you don't go to Neverland. If you want to go home and end it, then I will and you will never have to see me again, just stay safe for me, please. " , he said shakily.

He isn't joking. I felt goosebumps crawl through my skin before I gently rub my thumbs on his palms. Who knew an island would scare a prince? Because I didn't.

" Romania isn't acually that bad of a country and I really like your strawberries so I'm staying. However, you will be nice to me and treat me right because I'm still a princess. I don't care about your girlfriend but don't rub it in my face because I might slip something out. We will continue me trying to impress you, but don't ask for much. Is that clear? " , I asked Damon sternly.

" Yes, your highness. " , Damon said quietly like a good little boy.

Ha! Now he is the one wrapped around my finger. This was a lot easier than I expected.

" Good. Now keep your beans and have a nice day. " , I said before I lightly pushed him away and left his room.

I ran to Beth's room because I knew that Anna always hung out with Damon's sister and immediately closed the door with a smile on my face.

" What happened? " , the girls asked at the same time.

I spilled everything to them starting from attempting to find the magic beans to having Damon wrapped around my finger. However, Beth stayed quiet as Anna smiled.

" My brother doesn't hate you, Rae. He really does care about you. " , Beth said.

" Nice to know. " , I said. " But it doesn't matter anymore because whenever I feel like leaving this country, then Anna and I are gone. "

Beth frowned.

" Awe Beth, we will come visit you. " , Anna cooed softly as she stroked her hair.

" Okay. " , she spoke quietly as I slowly nodded agreeing with Anna.

We decided to end the conversation there as I joined the girls into playing barbie dolls with them.