Chapter 28

Peter's POV

When a girl says she will be ready in 10 minutes, that's a lie. It's been 30 minutes and she still hasn't come out of Petra's bathroom. I have been lying down on my sister's bed for a while now. Maybe she is taking a time to think or something. I don't know.

" Why are you in my room? " , Petra asked annoyed as she entered her room.

" Waiting for Rae. " , I replied.

" Did you attempt to apologize? " , she asked giving me a look.

" Yeah, but she still hates me. " , I sighed.

" I don't blame her. You are the most complicated boy that I know. " , Petra stated.

I rolled my eyes.

" Well, don't even think about trying to convince her to stay. She made up her mind and you have to respect her wishes. " , Petra said sternly.

" I do respect her wishes. I just wish she stayed longer. " , I sighed.

" Why? All you do is scold her, torture her, and yell at her. " , Petra pointed out.

" She is different, Petra. A different girl. " , I said. " She is like a puzzle that I have to solve. "

" Peter. Rae has a different life than us. She is a royal. She lives in a castle. She has servants. She wants to marry a prince. She- " , Petra started

" Marry a prince? " , I questioned. " Who? "

" I don't know. " , she shrugged.

" Ask her then. I want to know. " , I said but it came out as an order.

" It's none of your business. " , Petra sassed me.

" Well it's my business now. " , I said.

" Such a stalker. " , she mumbled under her breath.

" I heard that. " , I huffed.

The bathroom door opened to reveal Rae. My eyes were drawn to her. She wore a simple blue dress that matched her eyes with boots on. Her hair was braided in a bun. Her fair skin glowing slightly. Her cheeks were pink and her smile was gorgeous. She was gorgeous and adorable.

" Oh, hi Petra. " , she waved.

My sister waved back.

" Rae, you never mentioned the name of the prince that you wanted to marry. " , I pointed out.

" Why would I tell that important information to villians? " , she asked.

" Smart girl. " , Petra nodded.

" Rae, come on. We aren't that bad. " , I said. " What's his name? "

Rae stayed quiet before she spoke. " Damon. Prince Damon of Romania. That's the prince that I wanted to marry. " , she said. " I'm living with him and his family for a while so I can impress him and hopefully get married so my country and his country can unite. "

" Does this Damon have black jet hair, fair skin, and purple eyes? " , Petra asked carefully.

" Yes...he has all of those features. " , Rae slowly nodded. " Why? "

" Oh this just keeps getting better and better. " , Petra laughed.

I swear she laughs at everything. I don't know how I'm related to her.

" Rae, has Damon ever mentioned having a girlfriend or something? " , I asked carefully.

" Yeah. But they will break up soon. I currently was going to have Petra use her magic to wipe out his memory of his girlfriend, but I'm debating on it. " , Rae nodded.

" Do you know who his girlfriend is? " , Petra asked.

" Some stuck-up, selfish girl named Evie. " , Rae said jealously

" Evie. Has blue hair, fair skin, brown eyes, wears a lot of dark blue, red, and gold colors, and wears wedges or heels? That Evie? " , Petra asked.

" Yes. " , I nodded.

Petra and I exchanged glances before looking at Rae.

" Rae, love, I'm afraid that if you had asked me to do the favor for you, I wouldn't do it. " , Petra said. " Evie is a friend of mine. "

" Her and Damon have been dating for almost 3 years. " , I informed her.

Rae's eyes widened. " 3 years? Then how come nobody has ever mentioned her? " , she asked.

" Well Evie isn't a normal girl. " , Petra said. " She is from a different world and wouldn't be acceptable for Damon. However, if Damon doesn't find a princess in a certain amount of time then his parents have no choice but to accept Evie. " , Petra said. " Accept her after being introduced to Evie. "

" So if I don't want to be with Damon or if he doesn't want to be with me then...I go back to Ireland and Evie becomes queen. " , Rae said quietly as she played with her hands nervously.

Petra and I slowly nodded.

" It's basically a setup, love. I'm sorry. " , Petra sighed.

I looked at Rae. Her blue eyes softened and tear after tear were strolling down her cheeks. Her hands were slightly shaking and she tremebled slightly.

" Rae, I'm sorry, love. We didn't know that Damon never told you. I guess he is too nice of a guy to tell you the truth. " , Petra said softly.

" I'm just a puppet. I have been a puppet all along. " , Rae sniffled quietly.

I sighed. I could feel anger boiling in my blood. Petra immediately looked at me seeing my clenched fists glowing green. She shook her head at me. I slowly nodded and took a deep breath before I looked at Rae.

How dare these people play strings on her? I may have not known Rae for a long time but she doesn't deserve it. She is the most sweetest princess that I have ever met and deserves to be with a boy that would treat her right.

Rae wiped her tears and shook her head.

" Take me home. Take me back to Romania. " , she said slightly being stern. " I need to go back before anything is official. "

I looked at Petra and she looked at me.

" Take her home. Do as the princess wishes. " , I said in a calmly tone.

Petra nodded before she held Rae's hand. Rae looked up at me and waved before I waved back at her. Then they disappeared. But I have a feeling that I would see those big, blue eyes again.