Chapter 9

Rae's POV

I just met Damon and I don't know why I'm hurt. I felt betrayed and used. I mean sure I didn't want to act like a needy princess so I could impress him, but I was starting to like him. I can't help admiring his handsome features...but I guess he is already taken.

Should I tell someone? Should I tell his parents? Should I expose him for his betrayal? Or should I just keep my mouth shut and pretend that I didn't see anything? I don't know.

A knock was heard at the door and I was glad that I sprinted into the room before being caught.

" Come in. " , I said softly.

A maid opened the door and looked at me.

" Princess Rae, Prince Damon called for you to meet him in the garden 40 minutes ago...I advise that you scurry along and make up an excuse for your tardiness. " , the maid informed me.

Make up an excuse? Ha. Sure I will make one up.

I nodded and scurried to the garden as I fixed myself a bit to look presentable before I entered the garden to see the prince looking at flowers.

" You called? " , I asked flatly.

" Why are you late? " , Damon asked me as he gave me a look with crossed arms.

" I don't have to explain myself. " , I said with crossed arms.

" Yes you do. You are nearly an hour late, Raegan. " , Damon said annoyed.

" It's Rae, your highness. " , I reminded him.

" Okay, so you owe me an explanation for yor tardiness. " , Damon said sternly.

" And you owe me an explanation too, your highness. " , I mocked him.

" What did I do? " , Damon asked confused.

" You aren't a prince at all. " , I said as I slowly descended down the stairs and towards him. " You can't possibly be the prince that I needed to impress. "

" Well I am that prince. " , Damon confirmed. " The prince of Romania. "

" Sure you have a title, but you don't act like a prince. " , I said playing with my words. " Especially when it comes to being loyal to a girl, like me, that you asked for my presence. "

" We just met Rae. What could I have possibly done? " , he asked raising his eyebrow.

I stood in front of him. Sure, he was taller than me. But I didn't care. I looked up at him meeting those purple eyes that carried dark secrets that he kept.

I raised my finger and motioned for him to come closer. So he did. Then I did it again for him to come closer so we stood to the point that I could feel his chest. I placed my hands on his shoulders and guided him to bend down a bit where I was near his ear.

" I know your little secret, Prince Damon. I was never late in the first place. I came right on time. But only to see another girl from another world holding your hand. It seems that you already like a girl, but sadly can't reveal your secret relationship with her because you met me and decided to use me to play along. I don't think so, mister. " , I whispered into his ear. " I may be a princess, but I'm not dumb. "

I felt a low growl develop from his chest before he wrapped his arms around me and held me close as he whispered into my ear.

" You better be smart enough to keep your mouth shut because if not I swear you won't leave this country with your friend. You can't do nothing about it because you have to stay here until I feel like dismissing you. Remember you are the reason why you are here and the reason why you can leave. It's my game, not yours. So you better pretend that you didn't see anything unless you want to make matters worse. " , he whispered into my ear.

" Just let my friend and I leave so you can be with that girl. " , I pleaded once I realized that he had his fingers wrapped around me and that there was nothing that I could do.

" And why should I? Maybe I want to have a little fun with you. " , he darkly chuckled into my ear as he held me close and rubbed my sides.

" Your girlfriend wouldn't like that. " , I whispered quietly.

" True. But I already explained to her that it's called acting. " , Damon replied. " So let's see how good of an actresses you really are. "

I looked up at Damon and felt my brave and stubborn self leave my soul because I started trembling with fear.

This isn't my country. Nobody would listen to me. I'm just a princess. A helpless little princess who has to pretend that be interested in that jerk of a prince. Who has to follow him around like a little puppy...why me?