Chapter 24

Rae's POV

Now I know why people fear Peter Pan. It's because he can sense your fear and use it against you. My biggest fear is heights. Not because I'm short and I probably won't grow any taller, but looking down upon your death.

I'm currently locked in a cage. Dangled in mid air next to the top of a cliff below the ocean. The ocean with roaring waves and glimpses of mermaid tails. I closed my eyes tightly and opened them as I huddle into the corner hanging on to the bars tightly. A rope was tied between the cage and wrapped around a pole. All Peter had to do was cut the rope and I'm dead.

I have never been so afraid in my life until now.

" Hm. So what happened to the brave and bold princess huh? The one who always had smart answers to me? What's wrong? Cat got your tongue, love? " , he taunted him.

I couldn't speak. I lost my ability to speak boldly.

Peter walked towards the edge of the cliff and placed his hand on the bar before swinging it back and forth. I gasped and breathed heavily trying to hold on to the bars.

" Awe, is the little princess, scared? " , Peter cooed. " Where is your prince now? "

I frowned and looked away.

The cage descended down for a spilt second as I clutched on to the bars.

" Answer my question, love. Just because you don't talk doesn't mean I will drop this cage. " , Peter threatened me.

" I...I don't know. " , I shuttered slightly whimpering of fear.

" Hm. So you are afraid of heights. Guess you wouldn't been able to go flying anyway. " , Peter shrugged.

" I acually would like to go flying. I wouldn't mind. " , I whispered quietly. " As long as someone holds my hand. " , I added quickly.

Peter rolled his eyes.

" Geez, you are such a baby. " , he murmured.

" Sorry. " , I mumbled playing with my hand nervously.

He watched me do so and gave me a look.

" I play with my hands when I'm nervous. It's a habit. " , I said quietly.

" And is being a smart mouth a habit too? " , he asked me.

" I don't like being told what to do. I already get enough of that at home. " , I sighed.

" Oh how I suddenly feel such sympathy for you. " , Peter said sarcastically. " You need to stop being a baby and deal with it. "

" And you need to grow up and stop acting like the entire world bows down at your feet. " , I mumbled under my breath.

Another sudden drop before the cage stopped as I suddenly find my heart beating fast.

" Watch your mouth. " , he said darkly.

I look down and breathed heavily. I was only a few feet from the water. I could smell the salty air.

" And to think that I was a fan of your fairytale..." , I mumbled shaking my head.

" Yeah, the bedtime stories aren't accurate, love " , Peter shook his head.

" Why are you so cruel? " , I whispered quietly.

" I have my reasons, love. " , Peter said flatly.

" What could have possibly have happened in your life to make you a villian? " , I asked quietly.

" You are near death and you suddenly want to talk about my past? " , Peter asked raising his eyebrow.

" Your sister mentioned something about a fire. I saw the hurtful look in your eyes. " , I remembered.

He stayed quiet.

" You know my mother use to say that when people are bad, they have a reason for it. You can't be born evil. It's a choice. " , I said.

" She isn't wrong. " , Peter muttered.

" Where is your mother? " , I asked.

Yes Rae. Ask the boy who never grows up where is his mother is at. I'm so stupid sometimes.

" Gone. " , Peter replied.

" And your father? " , I asked.

Great. Keep asking stupid questions, Rae to make this awkward.

" Gone. " , he repeated.

" So you and your sisters are orphans. " , I whispered.

" Always have been. " , Peter said.

" I'm sorry. " , I said softly.

The cage dropped again. The waves barley touching the cage.

" All I said was sorry! " , I examined.

" I don't believe you. Especially when you are a royal with parents. " , Peter said.

" I really am sorry. " , I said truthfully

" No, you aren't. You are just saying that. I'm not falling for it. " , Peter huffed.

" It's obvious that you are just hurt, Peter. Sure I have parents but they just use me to get what they want. They only want me to marry the prince so they can have an ally. " , I explained.

" And you want to marry the prince. " , Peter stated.

" And he wants to marry someone else. " , I sighed. " I'm just a puppet to my parents. "

Silence.

" You see, I always dreamed of having my own kingdom. Preferably Neverland being my own kingdom, but I guess that will never happen...especially since you live here. " , I said not realizing that he could hear the last part.

The cage dropped to the surface of the ocean. The roaring waves crashed into the cage making me wet. I coughed slightly trying to get rid of the saltiness in my mouth. I breathed heavily seeing the mermaid tails visible when flapping towards me.

I'm going to die.