Chapter 42

Peter's POV

I didn't let her go.

I held Rae close to me and allowed her tears to spill down my chest. Did I care? No. I guess she cried tears of joy because it meant a lot to her that I would find the bracelet and like it. Such an innocent girl.

I held her in my arms. Her head laid on my chest. Tears kept rolling down her cheek and I could gently wipe them down one by one. Then I would stroke her raven hair and whispered gentle words to her. Never in my life have I ever comforted someone other than Petra. I'm not good at comforting people, but I guess Rae enjoys my comforting as I enjoy her company.

It felt right to have her in my arms. I could feel her warmth growing on me and it slowly heated up my cold, dark heart. It felt good.

I heard Rae stop sniffling as she wiped down her tears and stayed in my arms.

" I will give you another chance. " , she whispered softly.

I smiled slightly and nodded my head.

" Why don't you get ready and fix yourself? I have a surprise for you. " , I whispered into her ear.

She looked up showing me her big, blue eyes and a small smile played on her face as she nodded. Unexpectedly, she kissed my cheek and wiggled out of my grip before heading to the bathroom. I could feel my cheeks blush as I touched my cheek and sighed happily.

I slowly got out of my bed and snapped my fingers making myself already dressed and refreshed. I made my bed and made some clothes appear for Rae to wear. I sat on my bed and waited for her patiently.

After what felt like forever, she finally came out of the bathroom all ready to go. Her tear stains dried off and her hair straightened instead of tangled.

" Follow me. " , I smiled as I started to walk out of my room.

Then I felt her small hand hold my large hand as I gave her hand a small squeeze and she returned it.

I closed my eyes and imagined ourselves in the woods. I opened my eyes to find ourselves in the woods. Being magical comes in handy.

" Were you born magical? " , Rae asked me.

" No. I asked for it. " , I replied.

I led her through the woods with our hands still folded together.

" You asked for dark magic because you wanted to get revenge on the world. " , Rae whispered.

I raised my eyebrow at Rae.

" How did you know that? " , I asked recalling that I told her that.

" I had a dream about you. " , Rae answered. " I met darkness. "

I stopped my movement and Rae stopped as well. I titled my head as I looked at Rae.

" You...you met darkness? " , I asked in disbelief.

" Yeah. You probably don't remember because you have terrible memory but you visited me in your dream trying to scare me. You are the darkness, Peter. You are the reason why Neverland is dark. " , Rae stated.

" Petra played a role too. " , I mumbled.

" But she accepted love as her weakness. " , Rae said softly.

It was true. My sister accepted Scott after surrendering to him. I remember when Scott would non stop shower Petra with gifts and surprises because he liked her and Petra wasn't interested until Scott stole her first kiss. That's when I realized my sister was happy with Scott and I gave Scott the brotherly blessing to be with my sister and then threatened him if he ever broke Petra's heart.

" Have you ever been in love? " , Rae asked me.

" No. Not really. " , I said honestly.

It was true. Not even Wendy Darling and I dated. I never had a girlfriend. Never been in love.

" Have you been in love? " , I asked.

" Mixed emotions, but not really. " , Rae replied.

I slowly nodded until I pulled Rae deeper into the woods. She held my hand tightly and stayed close to me. Then I heard the clearing ahead and took a deep breath. We arrived at a huge clearing of a flower field. Beyond the flower field were small hills and a little stream nearby. It is Petra's favorite place in Neverland.

I turned around to see Rae's blue eyes widened and her jaw dropped. She released my hand and looked at the view.

" It's beautiful. " , she said breathlessly.

" Yeah. It is. " , I nodded.

Not as beautiful as you.

" The view is breathtaking. " , she said in awe.

" Yeah. " , I nodded.

Yeah the view is breathtaking when I look at Rae.

" So many colors. " , she giggled.

" Yep. " , I nodded.

All blooming with colorful petals just for you, love.

" I could literally stay here forever. " , she smiled.

" Same. " , I lightly chuckled.

I could literally stay here forever with you by my side.

Rae turned around and smiled at me. I smiled back at her and for the first time ever, I felt butterflies in my stomach. I was beginning to fall for her.