Chapter 1

Rae's POV

I remember the days when I was a little girl growing up in a castle in the kingdom of Ireland.

I was quite a handful because I never had friends. The only " friend " I had was my imaginary boyfriend, whose name was Peter Pan. Yes, Peter Pan. The boy that never grew up and stayed young forever. That was my favorite fairytale and I would never get tired of hearing the story about Peter Pan, Wendy Darling, Captain Hook, Tinkerbell, Tiger Lily, and the adventures that it held in the story. I never wanted to grow up and become a princess because I wanted to be free.

I wanted to be like a normal child and play with other children my age, like the lost boys, but I knew that it only happened in my daydreams.

I miss those memories of playing pretend with the maids and hearing my father and mother read me the story of Peter Pan. Sometimes I even wonder if I could have a brother, so maybe Peter Pan would take him and me to Neverland, but sadly, I am an only child...at least that is what I am told.

" Raegan, could you please stop daydreaming and come back to me? " , my maid, Anna, said.

" Anna, it's Rae. Remember? And I'm sorry. I was just thinking..." , I replied with a sigh.

" My apologies, Rae. " , she said.

Anna frowned and sighed as well. She was getting me ready to see my parents during afternoon tea time.

" Darling, I know you are nervous, but ever since you have been told that you are old enough to marry, you have not been acting like yourself. " , Anna sighed.

" Anna, I'm too young to get married. I mean why would my parents just send me away to live with a prince that I barely know! That's absurd! ", I huffed with frustration. " Why can't I just be a normal girl with nothing to worry about? "

" First of all, you are not normal. You are the princess of Ireland, the only child of your parents, the king and queen. Second of all, you are not a little girl anymore. You must learn to act like a princess and a lady for when your parents find a prince for you. Third of all, you must accept this because it will happen whether you like it or not. " , Anna explained.

" But I don't want any of that to happen to me! Can't someone just take my place? " , I groaned.

" Raegan, princesses don't groan like that. It's improper. " , Anna said.

" And I told you that I am called Rae when it's between us. I hate my name. " , I said with crossed arms.

" Why, I think Raegan is a beautiful name. " , Anna said softly.

" It's a weird name that everyone secretly makes fun of. " , I mumbled.

Anna sighed. " I forget that you are quite the stubborn girl. " , she said shaking her head.

" And there is nothing that nobody can do about it. My stubbornness is from my mother. " , I said nodding.

" I know Rae, just stand still so I can finish getting you ready. " , Anna said softly.

I sighed and nodded at my maid as I stood still for her. I watched Anna ruffle my dress and observe it before she smiled slightly and placed my tiara on my head gently enough not to mess up my hair. Anna then moved a mirror for me to see myself as I looked at the princess in front of me.

The princess had long black hair, fair skin and blue eyes that matched the color of my dress. My dress was elegant and fit especially for a princess. The tiara placed on my head standing proud and tall.

That princess wasn't me. That's not how I saw myself. I only saw myself as a girl who just wanted to go out into the world and explore every inch of it. To smell the salty air, swim in the cool ocean, feel the sand tickle my feet, and walk into a forest of the unknown. I wanted to do so much more before I got married...but sadly my parents had crushed my dreams by already deciding what I need to do with my life. Which was basically marrying a foreign prince and be happy with him whether I liked him or not.

That princess that stood in front of me was Princess Raegan Jones of Ireland.

I'm just Rae Jones, the girl that wishes to never grow up.

A/N: I would like to give special thanks to -laheysvoid for being supportive! And special thanks to everyone who takes the time to read my story and comment their opinions! Thank you all so much ❤️