Chapter 4

Rae's POV

" Can we get some strawberries? " , I asked the driver.

Anna and I were currently driving in a limo to the castle and I really wanted to try some strawberries. Sadly, I didn't get a reply from the driver.

" I don't think he speaks English. " , Anna said to me.

" Of course not. " , I mumbled with crossed arms as I looked out the window.

I kept glancing at the many trees that we have passed by and I raised my eyebrow seeing a sign welcoming me to Transylvania, Romania.

Transylvania? Interesting name...

" Oh my goodness, Rae. " , Anna exclaimed as she looked out the window. " The scenery of Romania is so different from Ireland.

I realized that we were passing by a village as I saw some glimpses of the people, but quietly looked away once I saw people carrying baskets of strawberries. Which meant that it was strawberry season and I couldn't have one strawberry.

" Rae...Rae..." , Anna said speechless.

" What? " , I asked with curiosity.

She pointed to a castle.

A huge castle that looked old, yet elegant. It sat byself isolated from the nearby villages. It was the most beautiful castle that I have ever seen.

I smiled. Maybe this little trip won't be too bad.

As we entered the gates into the castle and the limo stopped in front of the huge doors, my attention was still on the structure of the castle. It's so fairytale like.

I entered through the huge doors with Anna by my side as my eyes widened even more. Inside of the castle was magnificent, yet looked eerie. The vibe that I received from this castle was old, huge, black, elegant, and old-fashioned. I turned around to see Anna examining the castle.

" Princess Raegan and Anna? " , a maid called out with a German accent.

" Here. " , I replied as Anna quickly rushed to my side and nodded.

" Welcome to Transylvania, Romania. My name is Zoie. I am originally from Germany, but moved here to Romania so you understand why I have a German accent. " , she chuckled nervously. " Anyways, I will be your maid while you both are staying here. "

" Awe, how sweet. " , Anna smiled slightly.

" Well I'm also the prince's maid, but I will do my best to satisfy your needs and wants. " , Zoie said politely.

I smiled slightly and slowly nodded.

" Well, follow me. The royal family is eager to meet you, Princess Raegan and Anna. " , she said before leading us away.

Anna and I followed Zoie into many hallways and finally in front of a huge door, similar to the front door. The guards opened the doors and then I played with my hands nervously.

The throne room was huge! With a ballroom that stretches so far with a few pillars. Two thrones were placed on top of a platform with stairs leading to the thrones.

Anna held my hand gently to calm me down as I took a deep breath. In front of me was a man with black hair, slivery-gray eyes, pale skin, and a facial expression that made me regret coming here. He observed every move that I made, probably waiting for me to make a mistake as he sat on the throne. Next to him, sat a woman with medium length black hair, pale skin and a smile on her face that made me feel like she was a nice person, however I couldn't believe that I was seeing the color purple in her eyes...

" Oh goody! The guests have arrived! " , the queen said excitingly.

" Yep. " , her husband said looking at Anna and me.

Zoie, the maid, bowed her head and left the throne room. Anna and I curtsied before the king and queen and stood still. Then I started hearing what I'm guessing is Romanian because its foreign between the king and queen as I sighed quietly to myself.

The queen hollered something and we waited for a while until a young girl entered the throne room and sat on the king's lap. I assumed that was the young Romanian princess and their daughter. She looked alike like her father with slivery-gray eyes, pale skin, and black hair twisted in braids. She observed me just like her father and whispered something to him as her father nodded.

" Trebuie să fii prințesa din Irlanda. " , the princess said.

I stayed quiet hearing the foreign language. The queen must have realized the confusion because she whispered to her daughter.

" Oh, you don't speak Romanian...ha. Sorry. " , the princess said. " I said, you must be the princess from Ireland. " , she translated.

" Oh yes. I am. " , I nodded understanding English.

" Forgive me if my English is bad. I'm learning still. " , the princess said shyly.

" Your English is well. " , Anna complimented with a smile.

Then the throne room doors opened from behind as Anna and I turned around. Entering the throne room was a boy. A boy taller than me with pale skin, black messy hair, muscular shape, and...purple eyes. He resembled much like the queen. He looked at me from top to bottom while my eyes got lost in those purple eyes. He walked towards me with a smile and brushed past me as he went towards the king and queen and stood next to the queen. I assumed that it was the prince.

The prince that I had to impress...