Chapter 17

Rae's POV

Run.

That was what my mind told me to do and I listened to it of course.

I ran past the silbings and towards the front door. I opened the front door and then started to wonder. No ladder. No nearby branch. Nothing. I'm a princess in distress...just great.

The sound of the front door opening gave me goosebumps. All I could do was jump off and hope that I would make it out alive. That was my only option. So I jumped despite the fact that I was afraid of heights, I had no choice.

I heard them yelling before I closed my eyes. I felt gravity pulling me down with the wind in my face as I screamed in terror. Suddenly, I felt myself float. I opened my eyes slowly to see myself hovering above the ground. A few inches away from the ground.

I looked up to see the silbings float down the treehouse and land in front of me. Petra snapped her finger and I landed on the ground.

" Ow. " , I muttered.

" You are welcome. " , Petra said sarcastically rolling her eyes.

The green-eyed boy glared at me that I felt fear crawl up my skin. I knew that I was in trouble.

" So, what should we do with her? " , Petra asked her brother.

" Well we have two options. Kill her or keep her as our prisoner. " , he said.

" I prefer option 1. It's a lot easier. " , Petra nodded.

" Well hold on there, little sister. She is a fiesty one so let's keep her. " , Peter smirked.

" Agreed. I mean she is fiesty and stubborn like her brother. " , Petra said with crossed arms.

" I'm an only child. " , I stated. " I don't have any silbings, so stop talking about a silbing that doesn't exist. " , I huffed in frustration.

" Well you don't know that he exists. " , Peter smirked.

" You are lying. " , I sneared.

" He isn't. " , Petra said smirking.

I'm an only child. Always have been since I was born. I couldn't possibly have a silbing. How could I when my parents never mentioned it? I have a bad feeling that they both are hiding something from me.

" Then please do tell me who my " silbing " is? " , I asked stubbornly.

" Another time. " , Petra said.

I stayed quiet and crossed my eyes as I sat on the ground. But quickly realized that I only wore a large green t-shirt and socks. I frowned knowing that I was dirty again.

" FELIX! " , Peter yelled.

Being on cue, a tall dirty blonde boy appeared next to Peter's side. He wore all brown clothing with a cloak and a hood over his head. His dirty blonde bangs trying to hide a scar across the side of his face.

" Yes Pan? " , he asked looking at me with a mischievous grin.

" Take her to the cages. She will be staying there until further notice. " , Peter ordered.

Felix nodded. I tried to scoot away from the creep, but sadly was grabbed roughly and thrown on his back like a sack of potatoes.

" No! No! No! Let me go! Let me go! " , I cried pleadingly as I looked at the silbings.

Petra smirked and waved at me. Peter just looked at me with crossed arms. I know they both heard me, but their mischievous green eyes only watched for entertainment.

Felix led me deeper into the woods and used his free hand to pull down a rope to reveal a small cage. Once he opened it, he set me down and pushed me roughly into the small cage. Then he locked it and smirked.

" Don't even think about trying to escape. This cage is made of bamboo and strong bindings of rope. Also protected by Pan's magic, so if you try to escape you will feel a shock. " , Felix explained to me like I was a small child.

" Please let me go. I don't do small cages. I can't sleep like this. I don't like being alone. " , I pleaded.

It was true. Every since I was a child, I hated being alone. I hated sleeping in the dark alone especially. Anna even had her room put next to mine so I would feel safe and comfortable. Sometimes I would beg my parents to tell me my bedtime stories over and over until I fell asleep. I hated the feeling of being defenseless.

" Pan's orders were very clear. " , Felix said sternly.

" I don't understand why everyone calls him Pan and Petra calls him Peter. " , I sighed.

" Because Petra is his sister. The silbings have a strong silbing bond so Petra has that privilege. Everyone else must call him, Pan. Why? I don't know but I don't question him. " , Felix said.

" I also don't understand why he is the opposite of the disney version of Peter Pan and the stories that I heard about him. A red-headed hero who spreads happiness and seeks adventure. " , I said.

" That's because those stories are from people's imaginations. Peter Pan is real, but he is his own person. " , Felix said. " More of a villian than a hero. "

" FELIX! " , Peter hollered from the woods.

" COMING! " , Felix hollered back.

" I better go. " , Felix said. " Just be a good girl and maybe your life will be spared. Stay out of Pan's bad side. Goodnight..."

" Raegan. But call me Rae. " , I interrupted.

" Goodnight Rae. " , Felix said before he walked away disappeared into the woods.