Chapter 48

Rae's POV

Killian allowed me to borrow one of the tents that they brought. It was a huge tent, perfect for me. I got to know some of my brother's crew. They were nice gentlemen. Never in a million years I have thought that Captain Hook, the villian in Peter's fairytale, would be my brother. My long lost brother.

Killian explained his reason for leaving. When I was born, we were close. Killian was being the protective older brother. He never wanted to be a prince or a royal because he was sick of it. He wanted to be free. He wanted to become a pirate, not the king of Ireland. One day, he snucked out of the castle to go to the beach. He decided to go to the beach and take a swim. But little did he know that a crocodile was lurking in the waters. Killian lost his hand that night when the crocodile mistakened his hand for food. His parents were embarrassed of him because he had only one hand. Of course, I never understood the situation. I never knew that the next day I would wake up and pretend nothing happened because my memory of Killian was taken away from me that night.

I had many thoughts and emotions mixed up that I felt my head spinning. So much information that I had to sink in my head to understand my purpose in life. I knew that I wasn't going to be the queen of Ireland. Being a princess was just not for me. I enjoyed being a free-spirit girl doing what I wanted to do.

But then there is the part to where what would I do now? Killian and I reunited. I just found out that Petra and Peter lied to me. I doubt Scott knew. I haven't heard from Damon or Anna. I haven't heard from my parents. I just felt like everything was falling apart and all I had was Killian. My brother.

Suddenly, I heard a rustle outside of my tent. I grabbed my blanket and covered myself. I couldn't see in the dark. The moonlight barley peeking into the tent. Next thing I know, I felt a hand cover my mouth and I tried to scream but only a muffle came out.

" Relax, Rae. " , A female British accent whispered.

" Go away. " , I muffled out.

" Just listen to me, please. Peter didn't sent me here so take a chill pill. " , she said.

I removed her hand away from my mouth and crossed my arms. A small fire appeared in Petra's hand and the revealed her face. I sighed in relief.

" You better have a good excuse to be here or else I will scream. " , I threatened.

" Scream. I dare you. " , Petra challenged me.

I glared at her and shut my mouth. She had a small fire in her hand for goodness sake. Stupid magic.

" What do you want? " , I mumbled.

" I want to apologize. " , she sighed as she sat down in front of me. " I'm sorry for being a bad friend by keeping a secret from you. "

" You and your brother kept many secrets from me. " , I mumbled.

" Well I'm learning to be more open. " , Petra nodded. " It's Peter that is more secretive. "

" How is Peter? " , I asked quietly.

" I don't know. He isn't in a talking mood. " , Petra said.

" You know, Killian said that I could go sailing with him. " , I stated. " I might just do that. "

" First you leave Ireland. Then you leave Romania. And now you want to leave Neverland? " , Petra asked raising her eyebrow.

" Yeah. I realized that Ireland isn't really where I belong. I believe Damon is happier with Evie. And well, I found my brother. I want to be with Killian. Screw the princess thing. I choose my own path. " , I stated.

Peter lightly chuckled. " Well if you want, I can allow you to say goodbye to your friends in Romania. "

I nodded.

" But I don't know about leaving Neverland. " , she mumbled.

" Didn't I solve the riddle? I came to Neverland even with the warnings I had been given. I guess the magic bean was there so it sorta called out my name. I found out the secrets. I know my destiny. I met darkness. And I found out my past. I did solve the riddle. " , I stated nodding.

" You did solve the riddle. I'm surprised. " , Petra smiled slightly. " Congrats. "

" So that means my purpose is to be with my brother. " , I nodded.

" So you are willing to leave me, Scott, the lost boys, and even Peter behind? " , Petra asked with crossed arms.

Peter...Peter.

I realized my destiny. My destiny was to fix the broken lost boy who was a bloody demon in other people's eyes.

I stayed quiet and looked at Petra. She nodded at me and stood up with the small fire in her hands still.

" It's quite obvious to everyone that you and Peter are meant for each other. Your destiny has to do with fixing Peter. He may not want to fall in love, but he can't avoid it forever. Give him a chance, Rae. You are his only hope for a new change in Peter. Darkness needs lightness to be balanced in life. " , Petra stated.

I nodded at Petra understanding what she meant. She winked at me and blew out the fire before her presence left my tent.

She was right. Peter needs me and I need him.