Chapter 15

Rae's POV

The boy, whose name I didn't know, continued to lead me somewhere through the dark forest. I was hoping that this wasn't a trap because I wasn't in the mood to deal with anyone right now. My nightgown was drenched in water and my hair was still wet. I slightly shivered because of how cold I was from the ocean water.

" We are here. " , he stated.

My eyes widened as I slowly made my way next to him. In front of me was a huge camp. A bonfire in the middle, logs everywhere, tents were seen nearby, trees scattered everywhere with targets, and unfamiliar weapons lying around.

But what caught my attention was the sight of seeing boys. And not just regular boys dressed in normal clothing, but boys dressed weirdly wearing cloaks. The strange looking boys sat around the fire chatting among themselves.

" Boys! " , he chanted.

They all turned their attention to him.

" One of you fetch me some towels, another fetch this young girl a bowl of stew, and another fetch her some extra clothing. " , he ordered sternly.

Surprisingly, three random boys quickly scattered away to their task. I followed the unknown boy closer to the bonfire before the group of boys just welcomed me with curiosity, concern and annoyance. I rolled my eyes ignoring their glares.

Leaving camp, he led me through a trail revealing a huge treehouse that was built well in the trees. However, I didn't see a ladder and there were no branches to climb the tree.

" This is my place. You will stay here until further notice, love. " , he said.

I swear that I felt my heart melt. Just the way he pronounced the word love made my knees weak. I blame his incredible accent.

" So where is the ladder? " , I asked him snapping out of the trance.

" There is no ladder. " , he stated.

" I can see that. " , I slowly nodded.

" I prefer privacy and I make sure that it is kept like that. " , he said sternly.

" Good for you. " , I said.

Very secretive person. I don't trust him.

He snapped his fingers and we appeared inside of the treehouse located in what it seems to be a living room.

Did I say that right? He snapped his fingers and we appeared inside...hello? This isn't normal, people!

" How? " , I asked not noticing how astonished I was.

" Magic. " , was his one word reply before he escorted me to a guest bedroom. A bowl of stew sat on a counter. A pair of clothes laid out on the floor. Towels folded neatly in the shelf. Wow, these boys are professional maids. I would give this a 5 star rating for good service.

" So do whatever you have to do. " , he said.

I slowly nodded before looking at the bowl of stew.

" I need a spoon. " , I sighed not seeing one.

Now it dropped to a 4 star rating. A one job that couldn't be done.

" I will retrieve one for you. Just change. " , he said before he left the room.

I quickly grabbed a towel and dried myself before I removed my wet nightgown and threw it in a basket. Then I glanced at the clothing or should I say pjs.

A green t-shirt. Just a long, plain, and green t-shirt with comfy socks. How thoughtful.

I undressed myself and slowly slid on the green t-shirt and the comfy socks before putting my hair in a loose braid.

The door opened again by a girl that resembled the boy. Of course, I was the dumb one  because I didn't know any better.

" Wow. You even decided to make yourself a girl. That's so cool! " , I exclaimed. " Magic is definitely full of tricks up your sleeve. "

She raised an eyebrow at me.

" Who the bloody hell do you think I am? " , she asked with crossed arms.

" Aren't you the boy? You haven't given me your name and I forgot to ask, but you look like the girl version of yourself. " , I lightly chuckled.

" Listen love, I don't know who you are or what you are under, but we have never met. So I suggest that you take off my brother's shirt and leave. " , she said darkly.

" Well my nightgown is wet from earlier and you told me to put this shirt on. " , I reminded her.

" Okay, so let me get this straight. You think that I am a boy in a girl's body? " , she asked me.

" Oh my. I'm not trying to offend you or anything. I just thought it was cool that you used your magic to play a joke on me by making yourself a girl. That's all. " , I said quickly.

Slience. Apparently the girl didn't seemed amused with her dark eyes and clenched fists.

" Did I say something wrong? " , I asked confused.

The door opened to reveal the boy. He stood next to the door and that's when I realized how stupid I must have been. He didn't use magic to change himself to a girl. The girl was well her own person.

They both could be identified as twins. Same brown wavy hair, fair skin, fitted body, green mischievous eyes, and similar outfits with the same accent. The only difference was the gender and that the boy was taller than the girl.

They looked familiar from the nightmare that I had last night. But they couldn't have possibly been the ones lurking in the shadows. They were just innocent teenagers.