Chapter 27

Rae's POV

I woke up when I felt the sunlight peek through the curtains. I knew today was the day that I was going to go home. I sighed before I got up and folded the blanket given to me and patted the pillows on the couch. I walked away from the living room and knocked on Petra's door.

" Petra? Are you awake? " , I asked.

I waited a few minutes before the door opened to reveal Petra. Her long brown curls in a braid, her green eyes were full of warmth unlike Peter, her skin was fair, and her smile was gorgeous. She a bit taller than me, unfortunately.

" I am awake. How may I help you, love? " , she asked in her British accent.

To be honest. I would be lying if I said that I wasn't a bit jealous of Petra. She had a body of a model and her features were flawless. Even I wished that I had her British accent.

" I would like to know if I could go home. " , I said politely.

She raised her eyebrow at me and crossed her arms as she leaned against the doorframe.

" What happened to the whole I'm staying here act? " , she asked with curiosity.

" Did you realize that Neverland doesn't have a castle for you to live in? " , she asked sarcastically.

I rolled my eyes. " I just want to go home. " , I sighed.

" It's because my brother scares you...isn't it? " , she asked squinting her eyes at me.

" Half of it. " , I murmured.

" I'm just homesick. " , I admitted.

" Well I guess I can take you home. I mean Peter already granted his permission and you have mine so yeah. " , she nodded.

" Great. Can we leave now? " , I asked impatiently.

" I'm not taking you anywhere until you fix your morning appearance. " , she said examining me.

I crossed my arms.

" You are welcome to use my bathroom to freshen up. I will bring you some clothes for you, princess. " , she said bowing her head mockingly before she walked past me.

I shook my head and walked into Petra's room. It was like the girl version of Peter's room. I titled my head to see a lacrosse stick near her bed and looked at her desk to see a drawing of a symbol that labeled: McCall Pack with a small heart next to the name.

What's a McCall pack?

I shrugged before I found myself in the bathroom and decided to take a shower. I turned on the shower after stripping out of the pjs and washed myself clean. Then after the shower, I put my hair in a braided bun and freshen up a bit. I heard a knock at the door.

" My sister sent me to give you clothes. " , Peter's voice said from the other side of the door.

I stood still not knowing how to reply. His voice sent deep shivers down my spine and I was afraid that if I said the wrong thing, then he would snap and all of hell would break loose.

" Rae? I know you in there. " , he said knocking again.

I quickly grabbed a towel and wrapped it around myself tightly before I took a deep breath. I unlocked the door and decided to hide behind the shower curtain.

I heard the door open and the sound of his boots clicking under the bathroom floor.

Silence.

Without any warning, the shower curtain was pulled to the side and my eyes widened seeing Peter in front of me. I clutched on to the towel tightly.

" Why are you hiding from me? " , Peter asked.

" Who wouldn't want to hide from you? " , I asked.

His eyes widened hearing my response. His green eyes softened a bit to a light green. He rubbed the back of his neck awkwardly.

" Nevermind. " , he mumbled.

Don't fall for it, Rae. It's just a trick.

" I'm leaving today. " , I confirmed. " Your sister is taking me home. "

Peter looked at me and then looked down.

" I know. " , he whispered softly.

" Thank you for not killing me. " , I said politely.

He scrunched his eyebrows in confusion.

" You are welcome? I guess. " , he said.

" Since I will never see you again, I must as well say that I did enjoy my time in Neverland. " , I confessed. " I would have loved to stay longer, but..." , I started before shaking my head.

" But you are afraid of me. " , Peter finished for me. " Now you know why people are afraid of me. " , he sighed.

" I mean I haven't seen the worse of you. I just don't like it when you yell at me. " , I said quietly.

" I'm really sorry, love. I have a short temper. " , he confessed.

" I can tell. " , I said.

Peter sighed as he looked down like a little boy getting scolded for his bad behavior. Maybe I was being a little too rough on him...afterall, he did give me a basket of strawberries.

" I will be out in 10 minutes. Wait for me. " , I said.

" Of course...princess. " , he said winking at me before he left leaving me with mixed emotions and countless thoughts.