Chapter 40

Rae's POV

There I was running and running through the endless forest being chased after. I kept running and I don't know what was chasing me, but I was afraid.

" Raegan, come out to play. " , a dark voice echoed.

" Stop calling me, Raegan! It's Rae! " , I huffed.

" Fine. Rae, come out to play. " , the dark voice corrected.

" Much better. " , I stated as I continued running.

I stopped when I realized that I reached a dead end. It seems that I have somehow made my way to a large, ancient room. Bright torches lit up the room. Golden skulls scattered around the room. A thick chest lying among the golden skulls. Two huge circle gaps that revealed the view of Neverland.

I looked around the room noticing its ancient walls that had carvings all around it. Suddenly, the torches flickered with its light and it went out. I was alone in the darkness or so I thought.

" Hello Rae. " , the dark voice said.

I turned around to see a dark figure wearing a hooded cloak. The only feature seen were dark glowing green eyes.

" Hi. " , I said awkwardly.

" I have been waiting for you. " , he said lowly.

" Why? " , I asked boldy.

" To get rid of you . " , he said darkly.

" Why? You scared of me? " , I mocked him.

" No. But you should be scared of me. " , he said lowly.

" And why should I? " , I asked crossing my arms.

" I'm the darkness that lurks in the shadows. " , he darkly chuckled.

Suddenly, I remembered that specific part in the riddle.

" So you are the darkness that lurks to meet me at last? " , I asked confused.

An evil laugh escaped from his mouth.

" Love, I'm not a spirit or anything. Just someone who realizes that the world was cruel to me and so I must get my revenge. Of course, I had to pay the price for dark magic and so I did. " , he stated.

" You made Neverland dark. " , I said quietly.

" I tried to be the good, humble person that I was suppose to be, but the world didn't treat me right. Not everyone lives a royal life, your highness. " , he spat out.

" Just because I'm a royal doesn't mean that I have a perfect life. I'm basically a puppet to everyone. " , I mumbled. " I'm not the princess that my parents want me to be. "

" Well life isn't full of glitter and magical rainbows. You have to take matters into your own hands. " , he huffed.

" And that's what Petra did. She is a villian who found her happy ending because she gave it a chance. And now she is happy with Scott. You, on the other hand, are very stubborn. " , I pointed out.

" And you are stubborn too. " , he muttered.

" Admit it, you have some type of feeling when you are around me. " , I said softly.

" No, I don't. " , he huffed.

" Darkness meet lightness. " , I smiled before I saw the torches light up. " Oh okay, that acually worked. I didn't think that would happen. " , I mumbled.

" You don't know who I am. " , he darkly chuckled. " I could be anyone, love. "

I approached the dark figure and pulled down the hood of the cloak revealing Peter.

" You may be the darkness that wants to get rid of me. But no matter what you do to me, I always come back. You may have dark magic but I have belief. I have faith in you Peter. I know that one day you will have to come out of the shell and admit that you are just a lost boy. Because all that comes to Neverland are lost. " , I said softly.

Peter narrowed his green eyes at me.

" I don't believe that you are Pan. I believe that you are Peter Pan. " , I stated. " That's why I call you Peter because I have faith in you. Always had since I was a little girl. "

" You are one brave girl, Rae. But everyone knows that the past haunts you forever. " , Peter smirked.

" I don't have a problem with my past. " , I shrugged.

" But do you really know your past? " , Peter asked raising his eyebrow.

" I am my parents' first born. " , I nodded.

" Not quite. You were the second child that your parents had. Your brother was the first born. " , he hinted at me.

" I don't have a brother. " , I shook my head. " I'm sick of being told that I do have a brother! "

" What can I say? You can't run from your past. " , Peter chuckled darkly before everything fell into darkness.

Then my dream ended.