Chapter 32

Rae's POV

" Rae. Nobody was in the hallway. Why are you shouting? " , Damon asked me.

I stayed quiet.

We were currently in Damon's room. I sat on Damon's bed playing with my hands slightly as I sighed.

" Rae, answer my question. " , Damon said sternly.

" I saw the Pan silbings...they were creeping me out. " , I stated.

" The Pan silbings? Rae, they are in Neverland. " , Damon assured me

" No, they aren't. I saw them in the hallway! I saw them outside earlier! They are after me! " , I panicked.

" Why would they be after you? " , Damon asked raising his eyebrows.

" Because I went to Neverland and apparently I'm a threat to them. " , I said.

Damon titled his head before staring into my soul. Then he cracked a smile and chuckled shaking his head.

" Oh Rae, you must had some crazy dreams last night for you to believe that you went to Neverland and that the Pan silbings are after you. " , he chuckled. " Impossible. "

" I talked to a shadow! " , I exclaimed

" Sure, and you probably talked to unicorns and mermaids. " , Damon teased.

" The mermaids aren't friendly. " , I mumbled.

" Rae, this is nonsense. Just come back to reality and focus on now. I heard that you were looking for me so how can I help you? " , Damon asked changing the subject.

I sighed.

" Is it true that I am forbidden to go back to Ireland until I impress you? " , I asked quietly.

Damon looked at me and then looked at the ground. Silence came between us for a while until he walked towards the bed and sat next to me. He held my hands gently.

" Yes...it's true. " , Damon sighed. " Our parents are forcing this upon us. "

I could feel my eyes watering as a few tears streamed down my cheeks. Damon gently wiped some off with his thumb before he wrapped his arm around me as I laid my head on his shoulder.

" But you have a girlfriend. " , I pointed out.

" Not anymore. " , Damon frowned.

I gave him a look staring into his purple eyes.

" What do you mean? What happened? " , I asked concerned.

" My parents acually want me to fall in love with you and get married. You are my only option whether you impress me or not. " , Damon explained.

" What about Evie? " , I asked slightly frowning

" I broke up with her. " , he whispered. His voice laced with sadness.

" For 3 years and you broke up with her? " , I asked in disbelief.

" I broke her heart. She cried many endless tears and threatened me over and over. She screamed many times in my face and I was afraid that she was going to turn me into a frog or something. But she left me. " , Damon sighed as tears rolled down his cheeks as he looked down.

I felt bad. All this time, I never needed Petra's help. I didn't need to threaten Damon or force him to like me because I liked him. His parents were forcing him to do something that broke his heart. Having to break up with your girlfriend for 3 years must have been tough for him and tough for Evie. I may not have known that girl, but she and Damon seemed happy together.

Damon and I are forced to pretend to be the happy royal couple. The future king and queen of Romania. Our parents forcing us to breathe in the same place and suddenly fall in love like in fairytales. But I learned something new today. I learned that not every story is like a fairytale, it's reality.

I held Damon's hand gently and lifted his chin as I faced him. I wiped his stained tears with my thumb softly and leaned against his forehead.

" Be honest. " , I whispered. " Who do you want to be your queen, your highness? "

Damon stayed quiet.

" If you had a choice between Evie and I, which one would you pick? " , I asked quietly.

" I would pick..." , Damon started before a knock on the door interrupted us.

" Prince Damon, your tea. " , a familiar voice said

" Um, yeah. Just come in. " , Damon said as him and I gave each other space.

The door opened to reveal a servant girl dressed in a black dress and a white apron. I scrunched my eyebrows as in to wondering why this girl looked familiar to me.

The familiar girl carried a small cart with two teacups, a bowl of sugar, the teapot, and cream.

" How would you like your tea? " , she asked Damon sweetly.

" Sugar and cream, please. " , Damon nodded.

" Of course. And you, miss? " , she asked me

" Same. " , I said

She slowly nodded her head and moved her loose hair back behind her ear revealing her green eyes. She turned around with her back towards us as she started to make our teas. My thoughts swirled around trying to figure out why she looked familiar and Damon had a confused look as well. We both waited patiently for our tea.