Chapter 13

Rae's POV

I couldn't sleep.

I stood still, lying down on my bed as I stared at the ceiling. Questions and thoughts were making my brain awake and it didn't help at all. I had questions that needed answers. I had thoughts that needed to be confirmed.

Who is Evie?

Is Neverland real?

Why is Prince Damon suddenly concerned of me not going to Neverland?

Who is Petra?

Who is her brother?

What could possibly be so scary on an island with imagination?

Should I go home and pretend that this was all a dream?

Or should I go to Neverland myself and allow my curiosity get the best of me?

" Neverland. Where would I even find that island? " , I sighed to myself. " Should I risk it or not? "

Suddenly, the windows flew open as the cold air filled the room. I shivered slightly pulling the blanket close to me.

" Raegan. " , a male's voice whispered.

" Raegan. Come on let's go. " , a female's voice whispered.

I didn't see anyone in the room when I sat up against the bed. I only heard the whispers as goosebumps crawled up my skin. I knew this castle was haunted with ghosts! Now I'm going to be cursed or die or something.

" Go where? " , I whispered quietly.

" To home. Your brother misses you. " , the female whispered.

" I don't have a brother. " , I stated.

A pair of giggles were heard.

" Yes you do, you silly girl. You just haven't met him yet. " , the male darkly chuckled.

Suddenly, two figures stood in the shadows with two pairs of glowing green eyes.

I closed the window! I listened to Damon! Oh why me!? Why me!?

" We want to play with you, Raegan. " , they said in unison.

" We like to play games. " , the male said

" Fun games. " , the female said.

" No thanks. " , I chuckled nervously.

" Come to Neverland and we can play together. " , they said together walking slowly towards my bed.

" I don't want to play any games. Please leave. " , I hesitated not being able to see their figures as they stayed in the shadows.

" Come to Neverland if you dare. " , he said.

" For you have been bewared. " , she said.

" The island calls your name. " , he said

" Don't take us for the blame. " , she said.

" Secrets are kept hidden for you to seek. " , he said

" You have a destiny that you must keep. " , she said.

" Darkness lurks to meet you at last " , he said.

" You can't run from the past. " , she said.

They kept coming closer and closer before they laughed darkly. Their hands slowly reaching towards me as I screamed in fear.

I woke up quick sweating and breathing heavily to only find that it was a dream. Everything seemed normal when I looked around but I found my window open and there laid a small magic bean on the counter.

Was it a dream? Did Damon give me one? How does this thing even work?

I picked up the bean and examined it closely. It looked like a regular bean, not a big deal. I rolled my eyes clearly annoyed that I was awake glancing at a bean like it was magical or something. I know what a bean looks like. I shook my head and placed it down back on the counter, but little did I know that my elbow pushed the bean towards the ground and a portal opened.

A PORTAL OPENED! A PORTAL!

I couldn't believe my eyes. It was swirling over and over to where I felt a headache forming with pretty colors outlining the swirls.

To be a rebel and jump down that weird looking swirling thing or not to be and go to sleep like a good, humble princess should be? That is the question.

Wait a minute.

I quickly glanced at myself in the mirror and smirked to myself. I don't have my crown on. Guess the plan to be a good, humble princess already failed. Operation Rebel is on a go.

I quickly slipped on some combat boots and held my nightgown together before I jumped into the portal. Far far away into an unknown world.