Part 8

Raman stroked his hair in frustration. "Come on Ishita let's talk."

I: "Now you want to talk, 6 months after you sneaked away, you want to talk.? I have nothing to tell you and I do not want to hear what you have to say. You wanted to have fun, you had fun."!

R: "You're an adult woman and I have not forced you to do anything you did not want."

"Fine, then we both had our fun, hai na ?
Ishita snapped.  "Get out of my way, I have no interest, to talk to you Mr.Bhalla."

"I'm sorry about your husband, Maa told me what happened." Raman stared at Ishita's stomach and then he said, "You're pregnant."

I: "Obviously, yes I'm pregnant ."  "You are very smart ."

Ishita was about to leave when she saw Mihika standing there. Mihika stood there and said no word. Ishita says "come Mihika let's go."

"Akka, what's going on here ? You told me you did not know him, but you seem to know him" He is it , right"? Mihika looked at Raman.

"I do not know him either, he is a stranger to me." said Ishita.

"What does your sister mean by that"?  What is she talking about?" Raman asked

I: "She does not mean anything, let's go Mihika" !!!  NOW !!!

Raman's phone rang and he knew it was his client, he was too late. He saw Ishita and Mihika go, he answered the phone call. He went to the car, he had to meet  the client.

On the way to the apartment, Mihika said "Who is he ? 

"He is nobody" Then they went to the apartment.

The evening ,Raman came back from the office he saw Mihika sitting downstairs. He went to her and sat down beside her on the bench. Mihika looked at him and said  "How do you know my sister"?

"We met at a party, I was a guest and she was a waiter. You heard our conversation, you know it right "?  Mihika nodded.

R: "Must be tough, husband dies shortly after marriage and she is pregnant."

Mihika said " I think you two should talk to each other urgently."

R: "Oh your sister was very clear,she does not want to talk to me and is not interested in hearing what I have to say."

Mihika got up "My sister is the best person in the world and I think that you are just a playboy and my sister deserves much better, but you have to talk urgently."  Then she turned and left.

Raman stood there and thought "what does she mean by that"?

Late as Raman lay in bed he thought about Ishita. ; She was the most beautiful woman he ever saw. She was so innocent and he took advantage of it. And now she was pregnant and a widow. He felt sorry for her.

All those years he had the certain fun with women who wanted the same and he would continue to have that. This with Ishita was a one-time thing, something like that would never happen to him again.

Ishita was also in her bed and her thoughts circled...

"My life is so messed up, so many people live here and I have to be the neighbor of Raman Bhalla, is that chance, fate or punishment.?"

She stroked her stomach.
"My baby, my innocent child, I'm so sorry.
I promise you I will do my best, you will always be loved and wanted."

To be continued