Part 16

Time passed and Ishita was already eight months pregnant. Her mother thought it was time for Ishita"s Godh Bharai

Godh bharai
Amma make Ishita ready for the godh bharai function. Raman sits with Ishita. Mrs. Bhalla asks them to start the rasam. Everyone do the godh bharai ritual. Mihika feels happy. Simmi asks for healthy Baby. Everyone tells good wishes in Ishita's ears. ...

Ishita had 8 weeks until the baby came and the pregnancy became more and more difficult

Ishita had 8 weeks until the baby came and the pregnancy became more and more difficult. She often needed help getting out of bed or putting on shoes, but Raman helped her where he could.

One evening she was under the shower . Suddenly she became dizzy, everything around her turned. She closed her eyes, but it only made it worse. She was afraid to faint. The baby would get hurt. She leaned against the wall and sat down carefully on the floor of the shower.

Raman sat on the bed and worked on the laptop. He and Ishita had agreed that the bathroom door did not lock so he could help her if necessary.

After a while he got up and knocked on the bathroom door to ask if everything was ok. He got no answer. He knocked a couple of times and asked if everything was alright.

Then he heard a soft "Raman" He went in and saw Ishita sitting on the floor of the shower. Water ran over her and he turned off the shower button. He knelt in front of her and asked what's going on.?
I: I'm so dizzy

Raman picked her up and carried her to the bedroom.
I: Please a towel I do not want you to see me like this.
R: Do not worry, it's not the first time I see you naked.

He put it carefully in bed .Then he got a towel and dried her off,so she was not wet in bed. He covered them and put a towel around her hair. He gave some water to drink and asked if it would be better.

I: Thank you , I feel much better.
R: You should sleep and rest
I: I would like to put on a nightgown, before I sleep , I'm still ... you know
R: Naked, you're naked under the covers

Ishita was embarrassed
I: Please, do not remember that you saw me like this.
R: Ishita, have you already noticed your pregnant belly ? I think that reminds you more than enough, that I have already seen you naked.

Ishits blushed, Raman went to the cupboard and took out a nightgown. Then he went to Ishita. who pulled up her blanket to her neck and held tight.

I: No Raman , I'll do it myself
R: You can hardly move and you will not get up. So be a good girl and let me do it
I: No
R: You act as, if I have not already seen you naked.
I: But it was dark in the room

Raman smiled
R: No problem, i turn off the light.
I: And I was not that fat
R: you are not fat but pregnant.

Raman pulled back her blanket and helped her into her nightgown. Then he covered her and it was not long before she fell asleep.

The next morning, Raman woke up and Ishita lay in his arms. He watched her while she slept. Raman gently caressed her face with his fingertips. The pregnancy was difficult for her, she was constantly feeling sick or dizzy,she always looked pale and tired . He wished he could make it easier for her.

She moved and Raman withdrew his hand. Ishita opened her eyes.
R: Good morning, how are you feeling ?
I: Good morning , I am fine .

She noticed how close she was to him. But she did not move and enjoyed his closeness. The baby started kicking, Ishita put her on her stomach.
I: Good Morning chotu

Raman watched her and Ishita noticed it. Then she took his hand and put it on her stomach. The baby kicks and was touched. That was his child, he had never felt anything like it It was love, love for this little creation. Yes, he loved his parents and siblings, but this was different ...!

Ishita and Raman looked at each other and Ishita smiled. Raman smiled too, and suddenly he felt that bond with her. and he realized that he would be forever connected to her through this child.

He wanted to protect her and the baby and take care of both of them and that was a strange feeling for him. He had never felt that for anyone except his parents and siblings.

These new feelings scared him a little and he did not know how to handle it...

To be continued