Part 18

Ishita looked down at the tiny baby in her arms, the baby who put her through ten hours of excruciating pain, and in that very moment she knew it was all
worth it. Every scream. Every contraction. Every push.

Having her son's dark eyes staring up at her was absolutely amazing. Now she knew what they meant by love at first sight. How could something so small
bring such happiness. From the moment she knew she was pregnant, she wanted that child, but she never knew how incredible it would be.

Raman looked down at his son who was cradled in his wife's loving arms. They had created the most perfect, most beautiful baby in the entire world. 

"He's so beautiful." she said as she gently touched his hand.

"He's perfect." he said, full of emotion. "He's the most perfect, most beautiful baby I've ever seen."
"I love you." he said, placing a kiss against the baby head."

Iyer's and Bhalla's  came to see the baby and to bless mother and child

Raman made the jatakarma ceremony

M: Welcome to the world little one .
Akka, He is so cute.
Mrs:B: He looks exactly like Raman when he came to the world.
A: But his eyes are the same as Ishu.

Raman was starting to feel light headed. The air in the room was getting heavy. I have to get out of here". he thought and Raman leave from the room.

As he stood outside the hospital, he took a deep breath. He was a father, He had a son... all the tears that he had bee holding in began to fall. One by one.

When Raman went back to Ishita's room, the family came to meet him.

Mrs.B: Puttar go in, we will go home now.

Raman went into the room. Ishita looked at him.

I: Are you Ok ?
R: Yes,...... we are parents.
Ishita smiled
I: Yes, we are parents
R: How about if you rest ?
Ishita nodded

2 days later Raman came home with ishita and the baby.
********************************************
Raman was walking up and down the room with his son in his arms. He watched his sleep. He loved this little one so much.

Ishita came into the room and smiled.
I: Did he cry ?
R: No, he is a good boy
He rubbing the soft hair atop his sons head.. He placed the baby back in his bassinet.

R: I never thought I could love someone as much as I love him.
I: I know, I'm so emotional every time I look at him.

11 days after birth, the family celebrated
Namkaran Ceremony and the baby was named Aditya.

The days passed, Adi was 4 weeks old now Raman was in the office during the day, while ishita takes care of the baby. She clicked pictures and made videos that she sent Raman. He was a proud father and showed his son's pictures to everyone in the office. Everyone, who knew Raman, saw the change since the birth of his son.

Ishita and he were parents, they were friends and married to each other, but they were husband and wife for the sake of the name ...

One night Ishra woke up to the whimpering cry of her son. Ishita stood up, lifted the baby from the bassinet, and went down to the living room to feed the baby.

As she sat in the rocking chair feeding the baby, she thought...

Ishita was happy with her life, she was happy to be a mother. Raman was so caring. They had become best friends and now they were parents of the most beautiful baby in the world.

She was in love with Raman. She had fallen in love with him on their first night together. But then she had repressed it. But now the feeling was much stronger.

Was she Emotional because she had just had a baby ? Did her hormones go crazy ?

Raman lay awake in bed and thought too.;

Raman did not know what he felt for her. She was the mother of his child and they had become best friends.She was still the most beautiful woman he had ever seen.

He was attracted to her and he wanted more than just friendship. But he did not want to hurt her. Was he in love with Ishita or was it his hormones? Was it his needs that spoke to him?

What would be wrong if they came closer ? After all, they were husband and wife...  even if it was not in every sense, but they could change that. But Raman would not do anything she did not want.

Whether they were in love or not, one thing was certain.! There was a huge crackle between them.

After feeding the baby Ishita came back into the room. The baby slept peacefully and fed in her arms. She carefully placed the baby in the bassinet and then lay down in bed.

Raman was half asleep when he realized that Ishita was lying next to him,he pulled her closer to him. Ishita rested her head on his chest and he put his arm around her and both fell asleep.

To be continued