Part 21

After the Party

Ishita came out of the bathroom and went to bed.

Raman went into thr  bathroom to get ready for bed. He went into  bedroom, climbed into  bed and gave her a kiss on the cheek.

Raman bent over to kiss Ishita on the neck. Ishita pulled away.

R: What's wrong ?
I: Nothings wrong. I'm fine
R: Clearly, something is wrong. Usually, thirty seconds after I climb into bed, the clothes are dispersed and we are making wild and passionate love.
Something is wrong. I can tell.
I: Maybe I don't feel like making love. I'm tired. It's been a long day. I think I just want to go to sleep.

Ishita went to turn off the lamp on the nightstand.
Raman grabbed Ishita's arm. "Whoa, hold on here. Something is definitely wrong. Ishita , please tell me. ...... Will you please tell me what is wrong?"

Ishita said nothing.

R: Is it something I did? Is it something that happened tonight at the party ? Is it something Shagun did ?

When Raman mentioned Shagun , Ishita glanced quickly at him. He knew he was on to something. "Does it have to do with the conversation with her" ?
R: Do you think I  slept with her during our marriage ?

Ishita shook her head.

Raman continued, "But it does have something to do with Shagun ." Hmm, he thought. "Did it bother you when Shagun called you pathetic?"

Ishita looked down. "Maybe a little."

Raman gathered Ishita in his arms. "Oh, Ishita I guess I could tell you I don't find you pathetic but I don't think that would matter much, would it ? Lets talk about it."

I: I dont' know, maybe in a way, I am pathetic. I mean......

Raman  looked into Ishita's deep, brown eyes. "I'm sorry. I'm going to tell you the truth. I have slept around a lot. May sound cliche but none of the women meant anything.

But from the moment I learned
you were pregnant with Adi , as God as my witness, I haven't slept with another woman.

Ishita placed her hand on Raman's face. "I believe you."

Both Raman and Ishita looked deeply into each others eyes. They started to kiss. At first, the kiss was soft and tender and then it grew more passionate.
Raman slid Ishita's nightgown strap off her shoulder.......

Raman and Ishita made love  to the point of exhaustion.
********************************************
The weeks passed and the new year had begun. Ishita looked at the calendar: 4.th January

In a few weeks was their first wedding anniversary. Raman had not talked about divorce since they were married. Ishita did not want a divorce and hoped that he thought so too.

They had a good marriage. Raman was a caring father and husband. He loved Adi very much. She felt loved in his arms, but he never told her that he loved her.

She had not told him that she loved him either, but that was because she was afraid he did not feel the same as she did. Ishita was afraid to lose Raman.
********************************************
Ishita was standing in the kitchen, thinking. Then she dropped the cup of tea.. She was startled.

Raman came to her and asked what had happened. Ishita looked at him and started to cry.
R: Do not worry, that's just a cup

But Ishita did not cry because of the broken cup. She cried because she was scared. He cleans the glass pieces.

Adi sitting in his baby high seat started squealing, to get his parents' attention. Ishita lifted him from the high chair.

Baby - Adi put his head on Ishita's shoulder and sucked on his thumb. Ishita rubbed his back.

I: I think, someone is tired. Adi needs a nap. I will make him sleep .
R: Ok
Raman kissed his son's head. Ishita went upstairs with Aldi.

Later at dinner Mrs.Bhalla asked what plans IshRa had for her first wedding anniversary.

R: We have no plans
Mrs.B: What does that mean ?

Raman looked to Ishita. Ishita said nothing. She started to tremble and had stomach ache.

R: Actually, we have not talked about it yet.
Mrs.B : Well, let's talk about it now
Mr.B : Your mother is right Raman, this is your first wedding anniversary, we should celebrate it.
R: Maybe we should not celebrate it, Aditya is then 9 months old, but we are married only 1 year. We told everyone, I married Ishita without your knowing.
Mrs.B : You're right, Puttar

SI: Then we celebrate it small only with the family.
Mrs.B : Yes, Simmi

Raman said nothing and Ishita thought, "That's the only reason he does not want to embarrass me, because everyone could count. Or because it will not come to this first wedding anniversary"?

"Ishita you think too much! You have a good marriage, you have a family now, everything is good. "!

Later, when the two were in their bedroom, Ishita thought Raman would be talking about the Anniversary, but he did not say anything about it.

She decided to talk about it, but not tonight. She would do that tomorrow. Tomorrow was Sunday and Raman did not have to go to the office. She did not want to worry, but she wanted clarity for herself, for Adi, for her marriage.

Adi whined and Ishita knew it was because he was teething . Ishita took him to bed with her.

R: Hey little man, what's wrong ?
I: He is teething

Adi lay on Ishita's chest, ignoring Raman. Raman already knew this when his son did not feel well. He only wanted Mumma.

Raman stroked his head
R: My poor baby

Ishita gently rubbed his sore gums to ease the pain temporary .

Finally he fell asleep

To be continued