Part 11

She started to cry then she became hysterical. "Yes I was never married, there is no husband who died, I am not a widow expecting a child. I am a single woman who expects a child."! She screamed now, "Yes, you are the father."

Then she looked at Mihika and asked "Happy Now. ? Her nerves were at breaking point.  Raman was shocked.
Mihika went to Ishita, put a hand on her shoulder and says"Sorry Akka."

M: "Romi and Simmi have already gone back, I told them that I will bring you two and we will come."

Raman wanted to run away, far away. He did not want to take responsibility, he don't want a child. There stood this strange woman and was pregnant with his child.

"Ishita I think we should talk." He said.

"Please i want to go home. I do not feel well", Ishita said exhausted.
Raman looked at her and thought, "yes she is so pale, she is clearly not feeling well."

"Come on let's go, but tomorrow we'll talk . Mihika come tomorrow with her in my office, because there we have our privacy." said Raman. The three went back to the building.

Raman had a sleepless night. What should he do now ? Whether he liked it or not, he would become a father and he had to take responsibility. What should he say to his parents ? "Maa will kill me" Raman feels like the world is collapsing over him.

Ishita was the most beautiful woman he had ever seen in his life. And he had enjoyed the night with her, but was that enough ? Would that be enough ?

He was not the kind of married man. He wanted to be free, but he messed that up. He was careless,  he had never forgotten to use contraceptives, but he had forgotten it that night with Ishita.

"Damn Raman, you danced too much and now you pay for the music." His entire world had crashed and nothing would ever be the same. He knew that he was doing wrong with Ishita .They had created a new life. A little innocent life.

Ishita also had a sleepless night. She had been sick all night. She had to vomit a few times. She had a sharp headache. What should she do now ? Raman knew the truth now, but she also knew that he had no interest in the baby. She didn't want to nail him down.

The next morning

Raman sat in his office and talked on the phone with his best friend and business partner Mihir Arora. Mihir, who had been in Australia for a few weeks to visit his mother and sister, told him that he is finally back in Delhi. And he brought his mother and sister to live with him in Dehli. Raman was happy to see his best friend again soon, but at the momebt he had other worries. He did not know how to handle it.

Mihika and Ishita were on their way to Raman's office. They were in a cab and Ishita was not comfortable with it, what would Raman tell her ? She did not want to go to Raman's office, she did not want to talk to him or see him. She was scared. Mihika had insisted and said she had to talk to him ......

Mihika and Ishita got out of the elevator and walked down the hall. Mihika told Raman's sectarian that Raman awaits them. The secretary looked at Ishita then she said, "one moment I'll tell the boss you're here."  A few minutes later she opened the door and says"the boss asks you into it."

Ishita was so nervous, she wanted to run away. Mihika said that she would wait outside.
I: No, come with me,please.

M: Talk to him alone, if you need me, I'm right here.

The secretary watches Mihika and Ishita and wondered what was going on.

Ishita went into the office and closed the door. Raman was sitting at his desk, pointing Ishita to sit down.

R: Hello are you okay ?
Ishita nodded.
R: Fine, then tell me, you were never married ? But why did your mother tell my mother that your husband died in a car accident ?

I: What should she say ? That her daughter is pregnant unmarried and does not know, who her child's father is.?

Silence !

I: When I found out that I was pregnant, I could not believe it. I fainted at work and my boss took me to the hospital. He called my Amma. After the examination, the doctor told us that I am pregnant. My mother was upset and said that this must be a mistake, that it is impossible, but I knew that it was not a mistake, I knew,  it was true and at that moment I just wanted to die.

Silence !

I: At home, the world collapsed, everyone was shocked. Amma and Appa asked how this is possible and who the father is. And I could not answer them, because I did not know who the father was, the only thing I knew was that his name was Raman and if that was really your name, I didn't know.

Raman ran his hand through his hair.

I: A few weeks later we moved to Delhi, to my sister and her husband. Amma wanted to leave Chennai, before everyone would see my condition. Here in Delhi, she decided to tell everyone that my husband died in a car crash one month after the wedding. Only my family knows the truth.

I: And only you, me and Mihika know that you are the father, Mihika will not say a word to anyone. You do not have to be afraid, I will not ask for anything from you.

Raman thought  "should I accept her offer? I do not need to take responsibility ? That's too good to be true."

I: There's just the problem, we live next door and how should i tell my parents to move to another flat ? We searched a long time until we finally found one.

Raman looked at her, this young woman was sitting in front of him, pregnant with his child and did everything to keep him out of the trouble. She did not ask for anything from him and wanted to take responsibility alone. Her sister was right, she did not make the child alone.

He thought  "No Raman you have to stand by her. You have to take responsibility. „!

R: I think we should marry.

To be continued