Part 5

New Dehli 6 months later

Madhavi and Vishwanathan Iyer moved to Dehli 4 months ago with their daughters Ishita and Mihika. They lived with their eldest daughter Vandita and her husband Bala. A few days ago they finally found a flat and today was the shifting  in the  new flat. Vandu and Bala helped  to pack the things and prepare the new flat.

Mrs.Bhalla just came from the market when she saw the bustle in the house. She went up the stairs and saw ,that she was getting new next door neighbor. Mrs.Iyer and Mrs.Balla quickly started talking and Madhavi said that she, her husband, and the two daughters moved from Chennai to Delhi...

Later, Mrs.Bhalla told her husband that they had new neighbors.,Madrasi from Chennai. Raman half-heard his parents' conversation and asked, "From Chennai Ma ?"  "Yes, Puttar Chennai." his mother answered.
"I will bring them a fruits later, as a little welcome" said Mrs. Bhalla.

Raman thought of Ishita and his guilty conscience crept into his mind.
"No, forget it, she's an adult woman and I did not force her to do anything she did not want," he told himself.

Ishita packed her things in the cupboard.
Mihika comes with a glass of juice and says "Akka let me do that, you drink your juice."
Ishita took the glass and took a sip.
"Not necessary Mihika, I'll do it myself then at least I know where everything is"

Mihika smiled and said "Ok, Akka let me know if you need help." Then she went out.
Ishita went to the window and looked up at the sky, it was a sunny day and a fresh breeze blew into the room.

She closed her eyes and took a deep breath.
"Do not waste your time thinking of someone, who does not give a single thought to you Ishita." She thought

She wanted to wipe away the memories of the night, but that was impossible.
She just wanted to forget him, but even that was not possible.

Ishita came out of her room and heard her mother talk to someone. The front door was open and she saw her mother standing in the door, in front of her was a woman.

Amma noticed Ishita and said "Ishu come here" Ishita went to her mother and Amma said to Mrs.Bhalla. "This is my daughter Ishita, Ishita this is our neighbor Mrs.Bhalla"

Ishita folded her hands respectfully. 'Namaste, Aunty,' she said. Mrs. Bhalla said "Namaste" and looked at Ishita from head to toe and then she smiled.
Ishita smiled back and then went back inside.

Amma said "My daughter"s  husband died in a car accident 1 month after the wedding."

Mrs.Bhalla said "OMG, that's terrible, poor girl. I'm so sorry for her."
Amma said  "Fate beats us hard over the head .But she has us, her family, we are always there for her, we take care of her."

"Yes, family is the most important, I also have a daughter and understand...

They talked for a while and then said goodbye to each other.

At home, Mrs.Bhalla thought about Ishita. "Poor girl ,l I'm so sorry for her."

In the night Ishita lay awake in bed, she could not sleep. When would that pain finally end, that pain that tore her inwardly

"Raman" that was the only thing he knew about him. His name was Raman, if that was his name.

"Shame on you Ishita, you have slept with a man you have never seen before, without being married to him and the only thing you know about him is that his name is Raman." she said to herself.

Her thoughts circled day and night since 6 months for Raman and this one night.
This one night, which has changed her complete life.

To be continued