Part 7

The next morning Ishita felt terrible. When would she finally wake up from this nightmare ? She had not slept well and one could see it clearly. Amma looked concerned at Ishita and said. "Ishu are you OK ? Maybe we should go to a doctor and let check you out."

No, Amma don't  worry, main theek hoon.This nausea is nothing new to me."
Amma says "Ok, but rest today."

Mihika watch Ishita and thinks "Something is wrong with Akka."

Ishita was thinking "I have to get out of here, I can not live door to door with Raman. Why, why did we have to go right here"? Why is fate so cruel to me, is that my punishment. "?

She needed fresh air, a walk to clear her head. "Amma I would like to go outside, get some fresh air, take a walk, sit on the bench for a while and enjoy the sun."

"This is a good idea Ishu, Mihika you are accompanying your sister." said Amma
"Amma I'm not a kid anymore." Said Ishita
"No discussion, Mihika you go with Ishu."
With that, Amma went to the kitchen.

Mihika got up "let's go.."
Ishita and Mihika went out the door. Ishita stopped for a moment and stared at the door of the Bhalla's .Mihika asked if everything is ok and Ishita told her that all is fine and went down the stairs.

The sisters had a quiet walk and then they sat on the bench. Mihika looked at Ishita and said  "Akka, the son of our neighbor, do you know him "? Ishita answered  "Which of the two, though does not matter, I don't know any of the brothers."

"I mean the older son, the handsome one" Mihika smiled... You looked at each other as if you knew each other.

"No, I do not know this man, he is a stranger to me." and with that Ishita even told the truth, because that was Raman for her " "A stranger"

Mihika knew it was better not to ask any more questions. Ishita closed her eyes and enjoyed the sun. After a while she got thirsty and she asked Mihika for the water. Of course, Mihika had forgotten.

" Sorry, Akka I go and get water, you stay here and do not move from the spot." Ishita smiled and Mihika went to the apartment to get some water.

Raman came down the stairs. He was on his way to a meeting with a client. He met Mihika and both greeted each other briefly. He came downstairs and then he saw Ishita sitting on the bench a little way off.

Raman took a deep breath and walked over to her. Ishita had closed her eyes and did not see him coming, she heard a "hello" and opened her eyes.

In front of her stood  "The Stranger"

Ishita looked at him, but did not say a word. Raman tried to smile but failed. Ishita wanted to leave, just away from him. She did not want to talk to him.

She got up to leave. Raman grabbed her arm and said "Ishita"  Ishita looked into his eyes and then at his hand on her arm.

Raman took his hand off her arm and said "Ishita please"

She interrupted him. "Oh, I see ,you remember my name, Mr.Raman Bhalla."

To be continued