Part 12

Ishita looked at him  "WHAT" ??

R: We should marry, I want to take responsibility. I want to give my name to the child. We created this innocent child.

I: Sorry, but I didn't expect that. I mean, how should that to work ? My parents, your parents,society. ... besides, I'm robbing you of your freedom. You will hate us for it.

R: I will not hate you. I admit, that I feel guilty and are unable to cope with the situation, but I want to do the right thing .
I know, we don't  love each other, we don't  even know each other. But let's do the best for the baby.

I: But I don't want to bind you to me forever. I don't  want to be a burden for you. I know, that you are not the man, who wants or needs a wife by his side.... Not for long.

Raman thought "she was right Raman, but now what "?

R: Listen, how about this ? we marry and stay married for a year, then you or I can file the divorce. I will pay alimony for you and the child, it will get my name and  I will stay in touch with the child after the divorce.

Ishita was afraid of her parents, afraid of his parents. Should she accept his offer ? Your baby would have a father, no matter if divorced, but her child would know who the father is. Her  child would have a father, who was present.

I: Ok I agree, but how do we explain that to my parents and especially your parents ? I'm afraid ! and i don't  want you to pay alimony for me after the divorce.. It is alright for the child, because it will always be your child.

R: We discuss this when the time comes...
We have to go through this, if your father or my mother does not kill me.

Ishita smiled.

R: Come to us with your parents tonight and then we'll have to confess. Don't  be scared, I'm on your side.

After they had discussed everything, Ishita said goodbye and left. On the way home she told Mihika about the conversation with Raman. But she did not tell her with the divorce, Raman and Ishita had decided, that they would not tell anyone that part.

In the evening Raman came home from the office, he was nervous. He sent Ishita a message that he would shower and eat something and that  she should come with their parents in an hour.

When he came down after showering. He saw Mihir sitting in the living room. The two men hug each other. Then he greeted Mihir's mother and sister. As much as Raman was glad ,to see Mihir, it was the worst time, Mihir could choose. He had to send Ishita a message before she was here.

Ishita had told her parents that she had something to discuss with them and the Bhalla"s....
Amma and Appa did not understand, what was going on and want to know, what it was about. But ishita told them that they would know everything as soon as they were with the Bhalla"s. Ishita's phone was in her room on the charging cable. She did not see Raman's message.

At Bhalla's
Shagun, Mihir's sister pursued Raman with her eyes. Raman had spent a few nights with her. She had been in Australia for 2 years and now that she was back ...

Mr. and Mrs. Bhalla would like to have Shagun as DIL. They had enough of Raman's lifestyle. They wanted a DIL and grandchildren.

Bhalla's and Arora's sat together and had coffee and snacks. Someone's knocking at the door. Simmi gets up to open it. In front of her stand the Iyer's. Simmi asks them to come in. Raman is shocked and thinks "did she not get my message"?

Mrs.Bhalla greeted The Iyer Family and  is a bit confused about their visit. Ishita looked at Raman with a "whats going on"? Look.

Amma : Sorry for the disturbance, but we don't  know what's going on. Ishita told us that she has something very important to talk about with all of us.

Raman did not want to discuss that in front of the Arora"s. Shagun stared at Ishita, wondering what was going on.

Mihir realized it was time to leave. He told his mother that they would come back another time. Shagun protested, but Mrs.Arora said Mihir was right and they would leave now. After the Aroras left the house, everyone looked at Ishita and waited to see what she had to say.

Silence

Ishita looked at Raman and cried.  " I can't do this."
Raman went to her. "I told you not to be afraid. I am on your side."

Mrs.B: Puttar, what's going on, why does Ishita cry ?
R: Because she is scared Maa.
Mrs.B: Afraid? but why ? Ishita Puttar, what are you afraid about ?

R: I am the father of the child. Ishita is pregnant with my child.

Everyone's mouth was open, they were shocked!

To be continued