Part 10

Ishita, Romi, Mihika and Simmi looked at him.
"Are you Ok Bhai, you look so pale, "said Simmi . 

Raman was totally confused, he did not know what to say, he stood there trying to find words. Mihika knew exactly what was going on inside him.

"Why are we going for an evening walk? The three of us give you some space and you two can talk.? Said Mihika.
Romi asked  "but why do you have to talk to Ishita."?

Oh, it's because Akka wants to work in your office, right"?  Mihika signaled Raman with her eyes... "Oh,yes it's about work ." Raman said nervously. Ishita said nothing and tried to get what was going on.

The five tell their parents that they would go for a walk and went out. Arrived outside, the five walked for a while, finally Mihika said  "We sit here on the bench and you can still go for a while and discuss what you have to discuss, Ok."?

When they were out of earshot of the others, Raman said "Tell me about your husband."  Ishita looked at him and said "You want to talk to me about my husband, is that serious."?

R: "When did you get married ?, when we met ,were you not married. So when did you get married "?

I: Why do you want to know that .? I can not believe you wanted to talk about it, my life is none of your business.!

R: I heard what you said to my sister, how long you are pregnant, 6 months pregnancy, 22 weeks.I do not have much idea, but I can count. If you were not married at the time, your husband can not be the father of your child."

Ishita felt very hot And cold at the same time, she felt she was going to faint. Raman held her and walked with her to the bench and sat her down. He sat down next to her. He asked if she was ok, but she did not answer.

R: Look Ishita I know it was not right what I did. I slept with you and then secretly sneaked away. I am sorry

Ishita still did not say anything. The baby started kicking and Ishita put her hand on her stomach and smiled. Raman watches her and he was seized with fear. What, if he really was the father ? He had to know.

R: Who is the father of the child Ishita? it's me or your husband.? Tell me, when did you get married ? You understand, that's why I want to know when you got married.

Ishita took a deep breath, but what could she say now, he had heard what she said to Simmi.  "Why do you never think before you speak"? she thought

I: 1 week after we, after we ... you know. One week later I got married and it's not exactly 22 weeks yet,So you are safe. Do not worry, you are not the father of my child.

Raman felt the relief in him.

R: I'm sorry for your loss, I wish you all the happiness of the earth and all the best for you and your baby...

Ishita did not want him to know that he was the father, he had no interest in the baby. He was a playboy who just wanted his fun. He wanted to be independent. He had no interest in her except this one night. What would it change if she told him the truth? She and her child would only be a burden to him and she did not want to do that to her innocent child.

Raman was relieved that He was not the father of the child. He loved his life as it was. Wife and children were still far away for him. He had never felt love for a woman. He had been with so many beautiful women, but he had never fallen in love.

He had to admit, Ishita was different from all the other women he was with. She was beautiful, but there was something about her that made her special. Maybe if he met her a few years later ...

Ishita and Raman were torn from their thoughts when they heard Mihika's voice.

"You are the father, it is your child and Akka was never married."

Mihika stood with folded arms.

"Dare not run away Mr.Raman Bhalla. You will have to take responsibility. My sister is not one of those women you probably like to deal with."

R: What are you talking about ? Your sister just told me that I'm not the father and who should know better than her ?

Raman's head was about to burst. Inwardly, he prayed "Please God save me this one time please, I promise I'll never be so careless again"

Ishita knew that he did not want her and the baby. She knew this night was just for  fun for him. And she was so stupid and naive and her innocent baby should pay for it now? NO, it was better that it thought the father died in a car accident as to know the father never wanted it and has no interest in his child. She would love and  raise her child. Her child would ever feel loved and wanted.

Mihika stood and thought "Oh no, Mr.Raman Bhalla, you just can not get out of here. You will take responsibility. My sister is not your toy that you can throw away if you are no longer interested."

Ishita got up and said, "Stop it Mihika, he's not the father and he's right who else but me should know better.?

M: NO Akka you are not his toy that he can use and throw away if he has no interest."!

Somehow, Raman suspected that Mihika was telling the truth, but he did not want that to be true.

"I'm sorry to say that, but are you so stupid and naive or are you just pretending"? Mihika said to Raman.  "And you Akka, why are you spared him? why should not he take responsibility as you do" ?

Raman looked from Mihika to Ishita. "What is she talking about"?
Ishita said  "Mihika stop it."!

M: "No Akka Why are you spared him ? After all, you did not make the Child alone"
I: "MIHIKA"
"It's true", Mihika said meekly

Raman was totally confused. "What does that mean, you were never married? that child is mine ? Can someone tell me the truth, please."?

Raman and Mihika looked at Ishita and waited for her to say something. Ishita raised both her arms in despair and then she put her hands on her head.

She started to cry then she became hysterical. "Yes I was never married, there is no husband who died, I am not a widow expecting a child. I am a single woman who expects a child."! She screamed now, "Yes you are the father."

To be continued