Part 23

"Where are you going ? Puttar "

Ishita turned around

"Mamiji "

Mrs.B: Where are you going ?
I: Ask your son
Mrs.B: I ask you
I: I'm going to Amma with Adi
Mrs.B: With a suitcase ?

Ishita started crying.
Mrs.bhalla took adi and brought him to Simmi. When she returned, Ishita was still standing at the door and cried.

Mrs.Bhalla stroked her cheek

Mrs.B: Why are you crying ? did you have a fight?

Ishita wanted to say something, but she couldn't .She broke down and cried bitterly. Ishita sat on the floor and cried, maniji took her in the arms and comforted her.

Ishita kept trying to speak, but there was no sound except  heart - rending sobs

Ishita snuggled into her mother-in-law's arms and cried out.

Then wiped mamij her tears
Mrs.B: Enough, Puttar , I m getting tensed, tell me what happened ?
I: He does not love me, Ishita cried

Both got up and went to the couch

I: We got married because of Adi that is well known, Raman suggested that we stay married for 1 year and then we divorce and I agreed.

Mrs.B: But Why?
I: Because of Adi, he should not be an illegitimate child. Raman saw this as his duty and responsibility.

Mrs.B: I understand the part with duty and responsibility , but the part to stay married for only  1 year, I do not understand.
I: Mamij, Your son is not the kind of man ,who can be bound to a wife and child.

Mrs.B: I do not care, he can not just send you and the kid away.
I: He didn't do that. Everything he can give, he offered me, but that is not enough for me.

Mrs. Bhalla  looked at her questioningly

I: He does not know how long he can be bound to me. He was honest with me and promised nothing. But I have to think about Adi.

Ishita sighed

I: Mamij, Raman does not love me, he likes me, he respects me but he does not love me.

Ishita was not convinced that Raman respects her, but she did not want his mother to know all the truth about her son. That he had no respect for women and that he used women only for his pleasure.

Mrs.B: And you, do you love him?
I: Yes, I love him . I love him so much, that I would have accepted his offer, but I can not do that because of Adi.

Mrs. Bhalla got angry

Mrs.B: Maybe one or two slaps will bring him to reason again.

Ishita smiled

I: I love you Mamij , but please do not scold him. I can not force him to love me. He loves Adi and takes responsibility as a father.  I'm sure he will always be there for his son and that's enough for me.

Mrs.B: But that's your and Adi's family,

I: I know and you will always be our family. I promise you that you can see Adi whenever you wish . You can visit him and he can come here to you.

Mrs.B: You stay, you are not going anywhere and that's final .!
I: Please Mamij, let me go for now.

Mrs. Bhalla looked into her pleading eyes

Mrs:B: Theek hai, But that is not forever. Take the time ,you need and then you two will talk and solve your problems.

Ishita nodded, she did not want to contradict Mamij. There was nothing left to talk about. Raman did not love her nor did he respect her.

If she did not have Adi, she would have stayed with him and lost her self-respect.
"Oh God Ishita, You are pathetic" She thought.

I: Will you promise that you will not tell my parents or someone else about this ?
Mrs.B: Do not worry Puttar

Mrs.Bhalla brought Adi from Simmi. She cried as she kissed him goodbye. She kissed Ishita on the forehead.

Mrs.B : Take Care Putter, and remember this is only for a little while, then you two come back.

Ishita nodded then the two left the house.
********************************************

Raman stood in the bedroom and looked at the wall

Raman stood in the bedroom and looked at the wall. He saw the pictures hanging on the wall. ... "HOME" he felt a empty he had never felt before. There was Adi's cradle, Ishita"s stuff on the dressing table...

The door opened and his mother stood there. He looked at her expression, that she was about to kill him.

R: You talked to Ishita ?
Mrs.B: Kya tum paagal ho ?
R: Maa ...
Mrs.B: You married her to divorce her after 1 year ?
R: Maa, she agreed
Mrs.B: Did she have another choice ? She was pregnant with your child!
R: I asked her not to leave
Mrs.B : Yes, but under what conditions ?
Who are you ? Are you really my son, did I teach you to treat  a woman in that way ?
And not just any woman, rather your wife!

R: Maa,
Mrs.B: NO, what about Adi ?  do you care that your son grow up without you ?
R: Maa, I'm helpless
Mrs.B: I don't care,! You will bring Ishita and Adi back, did you understand me ?

Raman nodded
********************************************
Ishita knocking on her parents' door. Mihika opened the door. "Akka "?
Mihika looked at her then she saw the suitcase. Mihika took Adi and Ishita went inside.

M: What happened ?
I: I have a headache

Amma came out of the kitchen and saw Ishita with the suitcase.

A: Ishu  ?
I: Amma, Adi and I stay here for a while
A: Good, but why ? Did something happen?
I: Raman and I separated
A: What ? Why ?
I: We have problems, but I don't want to talk about it now. I have a headache,I need rest.
A: Go into the room and rest, we'll take care of Adi. Mihika bring your sister painkiller and water.

Ishita nodded and went into the room.
A few minutes later, Mhika came with the water and painkillers. Ishita lay in bed, she sat up and took a pill.

M: Akka, are you ok ?
I: No, I need sleep, we'll talk later, ok?
M: Okey

Ishita lay down again and Mihika went out. She cried herself to sleep.

To be continued