Part 29

In the evening, Raman invited Ishita to dinner. They sat at a quiet table in the restaurant, talking and eating.

R: You looks stunning, when you're sitting there it's hard for me to look away.
I: Thank You , (she blushed) You look handsome, as always.

He took her hand and kissed her fingers.

R: What I feel for you, I have never felt for another woman. I I've never been in a serious relationship before. I'm afraid to fail.
I: What's the worse that will happen ? Yes you can fail, but if you don't try you will never know.

Raman looked at her. Ishita became sad

I: Let us clarify it here and now once and for all. I know what I want, I want us! I want we both and our child to be a family.
You are a grown man, tell me what you want. Are we a couple and a family ? or co parents ?

R: I want you, I want our family

Suddenly, Ishita felt a peculiar feeling. She does not trust him. It hit her like a hammer. She did not trust him! Raman was like a time bomb. He could always decide that he did not want her anymore.

R: What's wrong ?
I: I think ,I have to vomit.
She got up and ran to the toilet. Ishita vomited, she cried and felt terrible. She washed her face and rinsed her mouth.Then she tied her hair together and went out.

Raman had paid the bill and waited for Ishita. When he saw her he went to her.
R: Are you ok ? Come on, I'll take you outside for fresh air.

They sat outside on the bench and he gave her the water, he had got from the restaurant. Slowly she felt better.

R: What's wrong ? Did not you tolerate well the food ?
I: My nerves....!

I: I do not want to be afraid that one day you will not be there anymore.
R: What do you mean ?
I: You do not want me, otherwise you would be with me. Yes, maybe you feel something for me, but it's not enough to spend the rest of your life with me.

She tried not to burst into tears

I: I have now realized that this is a dead end. You say, I should not leave you, but you are not with me at all.

R:  I promise you, I will do my best. You said that if i do not try it i will not know it.
Please let us try, I will do my best,I promise to you.

Raman hugged her and held her tight. He inhaled her scent and kissed her temples.

Ishita was afraid, that he would not keep his promise. But she loved him so much, that it hurt. She hoped she had made the right decision, for herself and especially for Adi.

I: Let's go home

He took her by the hand and went with her to the car and they drove home. When they arrive home they went to Amma to pick up Adi. Her parents and Mihika were happy for the two of them that they were together again. The Bhalla's were happy that Ishita and Adi were back.

Adi fell asleep in Raman's arms. He brought him up to the bedroom and put him in the cradle. Ishita talked to Mamij and Simmi for a while before she went upstairs. Raman sat on the bed and talked to Mihir for business.

Ishita went into the bathroom to take a shower and get ready for bed. Raman waited until she came out and then he went inside.

Ishita lay in bed trying to suppress the feeling that she did not trust Raman.
" Murugan, Please do not let my marriage break, please bless our marriage" She hoped that everything would be alright, she would have to trust Raman.

When Raman came out of the bathroom, Ishita slept. He lay down to her and she immediately snuggled up to him. He took her in her arms and she rested her head on his chest. So they slept peacefully.

The next morning, Ishita woke up and was alone in the room. He went down and saw Raman with Adi. He fed Adi and nicely talked to him.

Ishita smiled, touched
I: Good morning
" Good Morning Mumma" Raman spoke in baby-language.

I: I'll get ready then I'll make breakfast for you.
R: No need for hurry, I'm not going to the office today.
I: Why ?
R: Because I spend the day  with my wife and son.
I: Really ?
R:Really
I: Nice

He spent the whole day with Ishita and Adi. They were out for a walk, shopping, in the café, then they had lunch. They were in the park with Adi and then they had dinner.

When they returned in the evening, Adi was exhausted. He fell asleep on Ishita's shoulder. She stroked his head
I:  Mera bachcha, had such a busy day

I: Raman, do you think that was too much for him ?
R: We had everything he needed, he ate, drank, slept and was carried around. Don't worry, he's fine.

Ishita Brought him to bed then she went to the bathroom and lay down too. She was exhausted and fell asleep immediately.When Raman came into the room he saw her sleeping. He works for a while on the laptop and then fell asleep.
********************************************
The next morning, Ishita was in the kitchen preparing breakfast. Adi sat with Mamij on her lap and ate Mango Porridge.

Ishita looked at the calendar
11th  February , in two days is her first wedding anniversary. Raman, who came downstairs, went into the kitchen and looked over her shoulder.

R: What is there so interesting?
Ishita was startled
I: You're sneaking around behind my back
Raman laughed
I: Come have breakfast

Ishita went to the dining room. Raman looked at the calendar and smiled.
********************************************
When Raman was in the office, Shagun came to meet him.

R: What are you doing here ?
SH: I wanted to visit my brother, but he is not in the office.
R: He has some meetings today
SH: How are you ?
R: I'm very well

He did not ask how she was
SH: How is your wife ? I heard you are not together anymore.
R: Wrong information, My wife and I are together and happy. Our son gives us so much joy.

Raman gave her a big grin, " Spread it"
Shagun gave a flash Fake smile
SH: I have to go
R: Ok, bye
Shagun left the office angry

Raman came home late from the office and Ishita was already asleep.
********************************************
Raman was busy the next day. Ishita spent the day with Adi and with her family.Raman came home late from the office. He got ready for bed and lay to bed.

He waited until midnight, he slipped very close to Ishita. He tenderly kissed her cheek. Then he kissed her ear. She moved, He gave her more tender kisses on the cheek until she was awake.

Ishita woke up and turned her head to him. Raman ran his thumb over her lips. Then he whispered, "Happy Anniversary"

To be continued