Part 9

The next morning Amma and Appa went to the market. Mihika went to Ishita and sat down on the bed.
Akka? Akka I know you are not sleeping anymore."

Ishita opened her eyes "What Mihika" ? Ishita was irritable.

He is the father of your baby right ? and this idiot does not even suspect it. " He thinks, the baby is from your „"dead husband" And don't argue about it it, I've heard your conversation.

Ishita starts to cry and Mihika hugs her.
After a while Mihika says you have to tell him. Even if he is a Idiot he has a right to know it."

"No, this is my child, my child does not need him. I will raise my child alone. He will not be interested in the baby anyway.
He should live his life, me and my child will live our life's. The main thing is that my family is there for me."

Ishita got up and said " I'm warning you Mihika, not a word to anyone."!

At that moment the doorbell rings. Mihika went to the door to open it, Simmi stood in front of the door. She said that her mother invited the family for dinner in the evening.
Mihika thanked her and she would let her parents know.

After Simmi left, she heard Ishita behind her. "No way.! I will not go."

Mihika turned around "You can not refuse and if you fake nausea then Amma will not go and invite the Bhalla's to join us."
Ishita make a Face .

In the evening at the Bhalla's

Everyone greeted each other. Ishita ignored Raman. The families sit down at the table. Simmi and Mrs.Bhalla served them Mihika got up to help.

Mrs.Bhalla said, "No, my child, you are our guest." Ishita got up too and said "No Aunty, you sit down and let us serve you."

"No Puttar, Not in your condition".
Ishita sat down again, Simmi and Mihika served. Mrs.Bhalla had made an effort, to cook Tamil Food. She had taken help from a Maid of her friend ,who was also from chennai.

Raman looked across the table at Ishita. She felt his eyes on her and looked at him. The pictures of the night came into her mind.

Raman thought "She looks pale, but she is still the most beautiful woman I have ever seen."

Later the elders were sitting in the living room and had coffee. Raman, Romi, Simmi, Mihika and Ishita were sitting in the dining room and drinking coffee/ tea.
Raman, Romi and Mihika talked to each other. While Ishita had a conversation with Simmi.

Simmi asked, "How many months of pregnancy are you"?

Without much thought, Ishita said "six month of pregnant , to be exact 22 weeks."

Raman heard the conversation between Ishita and his sister. "sixth month? When did she get married? one day after our meeting and got pregnant on the wedding night. "?

Raman remembers the exact date, when he and Ishita met, that it was the day he met the client in Chennai and later on the party he saw Ishita.

He picked up his cell phone and opened the calendar. 22nd week ... '22 weeks ...

"She got pregnant 22 weeks ago," he thought

Raman knew, that could not be, unless he was the father.! It hit him like a hammer.
"OMG how stupid you are Raman Bhalla. She is pregnant with your child.!"

Raman started to sweat, he took a long drink of water, although he would now prefer something stronger, maybe a bottle of whiskey.

Suddenly he got up and said to Ishita. "I have to talk to you."

To be continued