Chapter One

“CAUSE YOU HAVE THOSE TWO THINGS” Claire's dad screamed out trying to sing “one thing” by One Direction, but obviously, failing.

“Those are not the lyrics!” Claire giggled, and he continued to mess up the song. He pulls into the drive way, and turns off the car, and suddenly he's looking a lot more serious than before, "Something Wrong?" I ask.

He turns towards me and sighs, "Claire, I don't know how to tell you this" He pauses, looking elsewhere, and then continues, "I went to the doctor this morning, and we found out, well, I'm sick." 

“Sick? What’s the big deal? you can just take some Tylenol or some-" He inturrupts. 

"No, It's a lot more serious than a cold or something. Claire, We found out i have prostate cancer." 

“WHAT” was all she could get out, she just stares at he father. "Are you going to be okay?"

"of course, but my condition is pretty bad, and while they are doing the treatment on me I will practically be living in the hospital, and I really don't want to be here, worring about me, and trying to take care of me. So you are moving back to Australia to live with your mom." 

"Wha- When?"  Claire instantly asks, remembering how her mom and her used to clash when she was 6, think about now. 

"In a week or so?" He offers, Silently, Claire nods, and heads upstairs. 

Vote comment fan. I love you.