31

It wasn't unusual now to be awoken by Harrys terrified screams. It happened less as the month went on, but it still happened.

Louis is up instantly and he pulls the scared boy in his arms, letting him nuzzle his nose into his bare chest. He stopped being self conscious of his scar around Harry.

"Hey, it's okay. I'm right here, lovely," Louis coos into his hair. He gently stokes his curls and he can feel Harry clinging to him so tight it almost hurts.

"You're safe. I'm right here," Louis tells him again. He kisses the top of Harry's head and Harry sniffles and hiccups, but slowly starts to calm himself down.

The dreams are all of the final night. Sometimes it's of Louis actually dying, sometimes it's of Zayn dying. Sometimes, even just the replay of the night is his dream and that's enough to scare him. He's haunted by the bloody images and the bang of the gun, watching as Nick falls. His first and last kill.

"Louis?" Harry hiccups in his chest. Louis squeezes him gently, nodding his head.

"Right here. It was just a dream, baby," Louis reassures him. Harry nods and relaxes in the protection of Louis' arms. He places a small kiss over Louis' scar and closes his eyes again.

"Sorry for waking you up," Harry whispers. It's the same apology every night and it breaks Louis' heart. He isn't upset with him in the slightest, all he is is concerned.

"You know I don't mind. Just go back to sleep, H. I love you," Louis promises. Harry sighs happily into his chest and a small smile forms on his face. He'll never get tired of hearing Louis say that.

"I love you too. So much," Harry sleepily mumbles. Louis smiles fondly at the cute yawn that escapes Harrys lips before he falls back asleep. Louis takes longer to drift off, but when he does it's peaceful.

They both awake to the sunlight trying to burst through Louis curtains and the sound of Oscar clawing at their door. Louis groans and shoves his face in a pillow while Harry lets the poor dog in.

"It's New Years Eve, Louis," Harry cheers happily, not even sounding the littlest bit tired.

"I know. Do you want to go clubbing tonight? We don't have to," Louis says. He lifts his head and smiles at Harry in a mischievous way. Harry raises his brows and crosses his arm.

"What else would we do?" Harry asks curiously. Louis' smile grows and he shrugs his shoulders knowingly.

"I don't know. I owe you a date," Louis says casually. Harry tries to fight off a happy smile because Louis actually remembered.

"You do. Everything closes early though or it'll be so busy," Harry points out. Louis sits up and stretches his arms over his head. Harry can see the muscles in his chest and the small scar by his heart. Harry kind of loves his scar. He loves placing little kisses on it at night.

"Not where I'm taking you. Trust me," Louis grins.

"Everywhere is busy tonight. If I have to watch a bunch of girls flirt with you-"

"Trust me, Harold," Louis interrupts, laughing at how upset Harry got at just the idea of people flirting with him.

"Can I kiss you at midnight?" Harry asks shyly. Louis gives him a confused look and nods his head slowly.

"Yeah? Who else would I kiss?" Louis asks him back. Harry just shrugs and sighs.

"I don't know. I've been declined New Years kisses so I just wanted to ask," Harry replies, his cheeks turning pink. Louis jumps out of bed and walks over to Harry.