13

Louis is awakened by the sound of retching. It's coming from down the hall and he's not quite sure which boy it is. He reaches over and touches Harry who's sleeping beside him soundly. At least he isn't sick.

Louis tries to close his eyes again, but the person is still getting sick and god it's loud. Louis groans and slithers out of bed. His feet thump against the wood floor and he silently sneaks out of his room. He walk to the main washroom and knocks on the door. There's no answer so he slowly opens it and sees Niall lying on the floor near the toilet.

"You need some water?" Louis asks. Niall looks up at him and weakly nods. Louis just shuts the door again and walks down the stairs. He grabs a large glass of water and two painkillers. He carries them back upstairs and sneaks through the washroom door. The room smells of vomit and it makes Louis' stomach twist. He reaches over and flushes the toilet.

"Here, buddy," Louis whispers. He passes Niall the two pills and places the water next to him. Niall mumbles something unintelligible and drains the glass of water, popping the pills in his mouth. Louis just leans against the counter, watching him to make sure he's okay.

"Go to bed. I'll get you a bucket," he tells the boy on the floor. Niall whispers out a quiet 'okay' and stands to his shaky feet. Louis helps him up and leads him back to his room. Once Niall is all tucked in Louis runs back down the stairs and grabs him a bucket.

Once the bucket is beside his bed Niall is throwing up into it. Louis scrunches his nose and backs away from him. Poor guy.

"Call if you need me," Louis tells him as he exits his room. The dark hallway is silent as Louis stumbles the short distance back to his room. He's not sure if he's still tired, but he climbs back into his warm bed anyway. Harry rolls over in his sleep and drapes a heavy arm over his chest and Louis doesn't have it in him to move it.

He just stares up at the ceiling and worries about everything. He worries about Harry, about his friends and he even worries about himself. Last nights events play in his head and he knows Brad is playing a game with him. If he really wanted Louis dead he would've sent more than one person.

He tries to think what of what Brad could possibly be doing. Maybe he's testing them. Maybe he's tiring them out so he can go for the kill. Louis really has no idea and that's exhilarating and scary at the same time.

Harry stirs next to him and Louis turns his head as Harry lets out a tiny whimper.

"My head hurts," Harry whines out. Louis sighs and pulls the boy close to him, kissing the top of his head, his curls tickling his nose.

"I'll get you some water and painkillers," Louis mumbles to him. Harry just shoves his face into his pillow and moans. Louis rolls his eyes at his dramatic behavior.

The clock says 8:30 in the kitchen and that's basically when Louis becomes a nurse. There's the sound of vomiting coming from upstairs and he can hear people grumbling and cursing. He closes his eyes and wonders why they all had to drink.

He goes back to his room first and gives Harry what he needs. Harry thanks him in a barely audible whisper and Louis just leaves. He goes to check on Niall to see he's asleep. He then creeps to Zayns room. Zayn is lying on his bed, arm thrown over his face.

"Louis?" he croaks out. Louis is tempted to just walk away, but with an exasperated sigh he answers him.

"What do you need?" he asks. Zayn doesn't move from his position and just opens his mouth.

"Water, a bucket and painkillers."

Louis just nods even though Zayn won't see and leaves the room. He walks into Liam's and the smell of vomit is overpowering. It almost makes Louis throw up in the doorway. Liam is sitting on his bed, head between his knees and his own puke on the floor.