18

Three days. Three fucking days since Harry has even attempted to talk normally to Louis. The whole house carries the awkward tension and it makes everyone uncomfortable.

Louis remembers how Harry had just stood up and ran inside, clearly embarrassed. He didn't need to be, but he was. Louis sniffled, wiped his eyes and then walked into the house. He found Harry wrapped up on the couch, trying to sleep.

Louis had carried him into his room after he knew Harry was for sure asleep and Harry has been sleeping there since. Louis is on the couch.

The first day, Louis had tried to talk to Harry, despite the awkwardness. He wanted to apologize and maybe explain why he couldn't say it. He doesn't have a reason, but he was hoping one would come to mind.

Harry had ignored him and scurried off, locking himself in Louis' room. Louis just sulked on the couch for the rest of the first day.

Day two and Louis didn't even bother trying. He just spent the day out with Niall, collecting and delivering. Both boys avoided the topic, but it was obviously the elephant in the room.

Day three and Louis decided to leave the house all day and then all night. He hated sitting on the couch, knowing Harry was just up the stairs. He hated knowing he refused to talk to him.

This morning - day four - Louis wakes up early again. His back aches from sleeping on the couch, but he'd never let Harry sleep on it. No matter how pissed off he was starting to get.

He goes straight to the gym -like he did yesterday- and workouts for about an hour. He just let's out all his anger on the bags and it does help. After that he just mindlessly shoves food in his mouth and drinks cup after cup of coffee.

The other boys watch him silently, none of them knowing what to do or say. Are the supposed to say something? And if they are then what?

Harry stumbles into the kitchen, rubbing his eyes sleepily. Louis' own eyes find their way to Harrys adorable, kitten like self and fuck, he just wants to hug him.

Harry opens his eyes and sees Louis looking at him. He blushes and looks away, avoiding his gaze and basically him. Louis watches him, hoping he'll say something, but Harry doesn't.

"I'm going to shower."

Louis storms away feeling hurt and rejected and just angry. He goes into his room and finally takes a shower in there. He's had to use the hall washroom these past couple days and he hates it. He prefers his own.

He starts to scrub at his skin with his own body wash and his hair now smells of the familiar scent too. He likes the familiarity of everything in his washroom and he's starting to wonder why he let Harry have it.

He leaves the small room and stumbles into his actual bedroom. Zayn and Niall are sitting on his bed and he flashes them a confused look.

"Yes?" he asks. His door is shut so he just drops his towel and starts searching for his clothes. The two boys don't even flinch as he does so and just start talking.

"What's up with you and Styles?" Zayn starts. Louis looks over his shoulder at them and then pulls on a pair of boxers.

Harry is outside the door listening. He thought Louis was showering in the hall washroom again, but the door is shut and voices ring through the room.

"Nothing. We're just taking a break I guess," Louis says. His tone is clearly sad and Harry feels so guilty for making him sound like that.

"Well, we've all been watching and I'm just curious as to why he's still here? We kept him around because he made you happy and now..." Zayn says.