Chapter 2

Chapter 2

"Why so down?" Carly asked when I stepped through the door.
"Since when did you start popping into other people's houses?" I replied with a smile. It was like Emma, Alicia, Mia, and I corrupted her. I could have laughed at the thought. "Oh, the guys are upstairs in Jacob's office," Carly said nodding to the staircase. I nodded and sat down beside her. I sighed, placed my elbows on my knees, and ran my hands through my hair. "This definitely can't be good for the baby," I said. Carly perked up. "Baby? What baby?" Carly asked. I looked over to her. Right, I also had to tell people....

"I'm um, having a baby," I told her. Carly jumped up and screamed sending our mates running down the stairs as if Megan Fox was wearing a bikini outside.

"Astrid is carrying a fetus!" Carly cheered. Clayton looked to Jacob for support. Jacob smiled at me. "I'm guess you told her?" he asked. I nodded. "Clayton they're having a baby!" Carly said. Clayton raised his eyebrows at me. "You are?" he asked.
"Yeah and now I can't imagine when she finds out she's having a baby," I said nodding at the crazed freak beside me. Clayton chuckled. "That'll be interesting," Jacob said.
"Harry and Alicia aren't mates anymore," I announced. That shut Carly up. "What?" she asked sitting back down.

"He rejected her," I said simply.
"But they've mated, they had that connection," Carly said.
"I know but Alicia mated with Nathan and Harry rejected her after smelling his scent on her," I explained.
"Nathan's back?" Clayton asked.
"They mated?" Carly asked.
"Shit," Jacob sighed. He and Clayton came out to the living room and sit down on the other couch. "Nathan came back today and I knew he couldn't just pass through without Alicia knowing so I got them together and did things out, only I didn't realize they would go all extreme with lovey dovey and mate. Then when Harry got home after Mia tried to distract him, he got tackled by Derek who have a stupid answer to why he tackled him. And when he walked inside he immediately smelled the scent of Nathan in the air and all over Alicia. So she explained to him that she loved Nathan. Harry rejected her whether it was for his own good or Alicia's," I explained. I was out of breath by the end of it.

"Where is she going to live?" Carly asked. I shrugged. "I mean I guess she could bunk here or go live at the cabin with Nathan," I said.
"The cabin? That's our place," Jacob protested. I looked over at him. "I know but you probably don't want them to live here of all places. I mean this is our place. Besides if Harry comes over-"
"I doubt he'll come over if Alicia comes over," Carly interrupted.
"I don't want them at our cabin. I can find a place for them to stay and make sure Harry doesn't come ten feet close to Nathan, okay? Just not our place," Jacob explained. I nodded. "I'm going to go find them a place to stay, I'll be back," Jacob told me getting off the couch and exiting through the front door.

"So you guys are going to have a family," Clayton stated. He leaned forward, resting his elbows on his knees and rocked side to side. "Yeah," I replied.
"Are you excited?" Carly asked.
"I don't really have a record for having babies so yes. And nervous," I answered.
"Nah, you'll do fine. And if we're lucky the baby will be as stubborn and hard headed as you," Clayton said winking at me. I glared at him. "I am not hard headed," I argued crossing my arms. Clayton nodded. "Right, so all those times Jacob has come to me and said 'Astrid is still talking to me about being an Alpha' were, I don't know metaphors?" Clayton replied.
"You're mate is a pain," I told Carly.
"Thanks, Pumpkin," Clayton said leaning back into the couch, resting his leg over the other and sprawling out his arms on the back of the couch.

******

"Don't you dare," I warned after hearing Jacob's feet patter against the cement outside. I was laying by the pool and I was pretty sure that Jacob might dunk me in the pool. Jacob sighed. I opened my eyes and lifted up my sunglasses that had shielded my eyes from the late afternoon sun. I looked over and saw that Jacob had sat down in a sunbathing chair beside me. "What's wrong?" I asked. He sighed and ran a hand through his hair. "Jacob," I said, "What is it?"
"My mother," he answered leaning his head back in his chair and closing his eyes. "Your... mother?" I asked slowly. Jacob nodded. "She wants to meet you," Jacob stated. I sat up.