Part Forty Nine

Kami's POV

"Here you go, babe," I say, handing the Starbucks cup full of coffee to Corey and getting into the car. "Thanks," he says, giving me a quick little kiss as I buckle up. We're driving around the city looking for a gift for Laura and Jonathan's wedding tomorrow. "I'm so excited to see Laura and Jonny get married tomorrow," I say, grinning at Corey and taking a sip of my latte. He gives me a smile back, his eyes concentrated on the road. "They really deserve each other. You can see it when they look at each other," he says. "Kind of like us." I blush at his words. 

We get home a couple of hours later, our shopping bags full of gifts for the soon-to-be newlyweds. Corey changes into a t-shirt and sweats, and I slip on a tank top and some shorts. I snuggle up against him as we watch some tv. I want to tell him my news, but I decide to wait until we're ready to go to bed. 

I slip into bed, while Corey's brushing his teeth and pull the blankets around myself. He comes back into the room, switches off the light and crawls under the covers with me. "Goodnight, Kami," he says, giving me a kiss and wrapping his arm around me. I take a deep breath. "Corey," I say softly. "Yeah?" he mumbles, his voice already sleepy. "You know how we've been having sex a lot?" He laughs. "What you wanna do it again right now?" I laugh, too. "No, not right now. But we didn't really use protection any of those times and I missed my period a couple days ago."

That gets his attention and he bolts upright and switches on the bedside lamp. "Are you.." he starts and I nod, excitedly. "I'm pregnant." He hugs me. "Oh Kami, that's wonderful. I can't believe this." He rubs his eyes and holds his arm out. "Pinch me so that I know I'm not dreaming." I laugh and give him a little pinch. "This is real," he says quietly, his face bright with excitement. "A little baby Crawford," he says, leaning back against his pillow, his voice filled with awe. I lay my head down on his chest, my eyes staring into his. "I'm guessing you're happy, then," I say, smiling as much as I can and he smiles back. "I don't think I could be any happier than I am now." 

Andrew's POV

I can't sleep that night so I slip out of bed and carefully cover Becca back up. She shifts over in her sleep, but doesn't wake up and I creep quietly out of the room. I can't see anything because it's dark and I smack into a wall, swallowing my yelp of pain and rubbing my nose as the pain starts to set in. Once I get to the den, I turn on the light and grab my laptop, a piece of paper, and a pen. I settle on the couch and power my laptop up, the screen glowing white in the dim light. 

I load a new playlist full of songs, and plug in the new Ipod Touch that I bought. I wait until the songs are all downloaded onto the Ipod, then slip it back into the box. I take the piece of paper and write a letter to Becca on it. It makes me feel like crying knowing that in a couple of days she is going to be gone, but I know that I can't stop her from leaving. As I write "I love you," a tear slips down my face and I quickly wipe it away. Guys don't cry. Don't cry now.

I put the letter into an envelope and seal it, writing "To Becca," on the front. I know that Becca won't use her Louis Vuitton bag until she leaves, so I slip the letter and the Ipod into it. One little gift from me to her. And hopefully it won't be the last forever.  

~Sorry for this being so short, but the wedding scene is the next chapter and I'm making it super long for you guys. I'm really sorry I haven't been able to upload frequently, but I had work for ten hours a day this past week. Thanks for sticking with me!~