Part Forty Two

Laura's POV

I wake up next to Jonny, our clothes still on the floor, my head on his chest and his arms wrapped around me keeping me warm. I look at the clock and slip slowly out of our bed so I can get ready for work. It's only 7:00 am, but there's a morning practice at 9:00 am for the game tonight. We're playing the Flyers tonight and they've lost the past three games, so I figure we should have a pretty good chance of beating them, especially the way practice has been going. 

I shower, then blowdry my hair and apply a small amount of makeup before heading to the walk-in closet. I slip on some black leggings and a long sleeve red Hawks shirt with Cappelli on the back. Since I'm going to be on the ice today as well, I slip on some comfy socks. 

When I get back into the bedroom, Jonny is still asleep so I walk over and give him a light kiss on the lips,. He gets up and smiles at. "Hey," I say, giving him a smile. "Hey," he says, pulling me close to him and giving me a kiss again, this time longer, sweeter. "I had a fun time last night." "What, at the party or afterwards?" I joke. He grins. "Well that party wasn't bad, but I must say the afterparty wasn't too bad." I roll my eyes at him and laugh. "Just get ready for practice Captain Serious. We're leaving in an hour." I leave him to get ready and head out to wake up Heidi and Rachel and to make breakfast. 

Kayla's POV

I hand Patrick a plate of breakfast and he scarfs it down, giving me a quick kiss on the cheek and running out the door to practice when he's done. I sit on the couch and scroll through my phone, checking for any new texts from friends and looking through my instagram feed. It's pretty boring without Patrick here, but I'm meeting my mom later for lunch so at least I'll have something to do later. 

I walk down the hallway to the twins room and open the door. We hired some workers to work on it and they just finished a day ago and I absolutely love it. It's all cream and gold, with two matching white cribs. There's already a pile of stuffed animals and a bookshelf full of books in one corner, along with a rocking chair and a changing table. The chandelier in the middle of the room has tons of little lights hanging down that are shaped like little gold stars and underneath it is a shaggy white rug that I picked out. I sit down in the middle of the room and just gaze around me, then lean down and give the top of my belly a little kiss. "I can't wait to meet you guys," I whisper. I get two little kicks from my belly in response and I smile. Maybe they really can hear me. 

Jonathan's POV

"Ready to go?" I ask Laura and Heidi. Laura nods and goes to put her breakfast plate in the sink and Heidi grabs her phone from the countertop. "Rachel, we're leaving!" I yell down the hallway. She comes out wearing white short shorts and a super tight top and I give Laura a weird look. "What are you wearing?" Laura says, giving her a look. "What?" Rachel shrugs. "I wear stuff like this all the time in Florida." "Mkay, well you're not in Florida, and I'm not going to walk around with you looking like a stripper, so go change into something appropriate, please."

Rachel frowns. "I don't even want to come to this stupid practice with you. Why don't you just not take me? I'm 21 for gods sake. I think I can take care of myself." Laura crosses her arms. "Yeah, well Mom said you're supposed to come with me so go change. You have five minutes." Rachel makes a noise of disgust and turns on her heel, stomping all the way back to her room. 

She comes back wearing a white t-shirt, a black leather jacket, and some jeans, still wearing her clicky heels. "There, happy now?" she snaps at Laura. Laura just raises her eyebrows and shakes her head. I grab her black North Face from the coat closet and toss it to her, then grab my own coat and put it on. After getting my keys and wallet, we all head down to the United Center.