{33} - Coming Soon

COMING SOON

"I'm in shock. I never thought I'd hear you say these words", Adam said with a slight grimace, still confused.

"Me neither. But some things are never meant to happen, I guess", Roger wheezed, pouring vodka into his glass.

Adam sighed. Roger sounded completely convinced of his own words, but there was a small stain of falsehood behind them. Maybe the CEO wasn't aware of it — but the idea of Belle ending up without Roger and the idea of Roger ending up without Belle seemed like a concept universally impossible to imagine. Adam would never say it, but he believed they were destined to be together, no matter how different their lives were now.

Six weeks later — nothing much had changed. Well, depends on who gave the verdict. If you asked Freddie Mercury, he'd tell you that he had some agitated weeks, he had shooted a new music video and had travelled to America to promote his new album. If you asked Brian May, he'd tell you that the past weeks had been difficult, because even though he had made up with Beatrice, something about them felt off — not to mention their daughter had been hospitalised with the flu. If you asked Roger Taylor, he'd probably just break down in tears. His divorce had been extremely publicised around the country, and everyone started to blame it on Roger, making imaginary lists of every single woman he could have committed adultery with. None of them mentioned the most feasible one — Gabrielle Bulsara.

It was unfair, and everyone close to Roger knew he wasn't capable of doing something like that, no matter how desperate he was. But the truth doesn't matter to the press, only the money does. The only people the press were willing to talk about without shaming or humiliating them were Rami Malek and Belle Bulsara, only because Rami was in now in the Top Fifteen list of richest men in the United Kingdom when Roger Taylor wasn't, and because Belle was the daughter of the most celebrated rock star of all time — and Catherine wasn't.

Speaking of Rami Malek and Belle Bulsara, they were still living separate lives despite living under the same roof. Rami's weeks had been ecstatic, closing important deals and enjoying the final days before parenthood, because he promised Belle he'd be with her every day in order to be with the baby. Did he really intend to keep his promise? Only time would tell. And while her huband celebrated his multi-million dollar deals at high-class bars, Belle stayed indoors, not being able to do much without feeling extremely exhausted, and even though her pregnancy had been a healthy one and she enjoyed it, she felt physically uncomfortable; She couldn't stand or sit for too long, and her baby bump was too big to even let her see where she stepped over.

She couldn't wait to give birth, and the wait was finally over.

"John, you have no idea of how happy I am to see you again after six months, and to confirm, once again, that you were not just a figment of my imagination", Belle chuckled, reclining against the black faux leather sofa in her mother's house.

Her stepfather laughed.

"I've missed you Belle, but the tour is over now, just in time for the arrival of your first child", John excitedly said, bouncing his leg. "How do you feel about it? Are you scared of giving birth?".

"Not really", she said. "It's just that — Oh, God", Belle exclaimed, shutting her eyes for a brief moment after directing her hand towards her baby bump, taking a weak grasp of it.

"What's going on, Belle? Are you okay?", John frowned, rushing to her side in order to help her.

"Yeah, I'm alright, thanks, it's just that the baby moved but it felt really uncomfortable", Belle murmured, giving a weak smile to her stepfather.

"Alright, please tell me if you feel anything that bothers you. You're safe, your mother is here too".

"Guys", Mary said to John and Belle as she entered the room, the sound of her short heels echoing through the room. "I just got the invitation for the charity gala that one of my business partners' husband launches every year. The three of us are invited, Freddie is not included, which means you'll get to be my daughter for once, Belle", she said with a smirk on her face. "It's happening in three months. I'm really looking forward to it".

"That is great, Mary. I just hope there are no catfights this time", John uttered, making a reference to a previous fight between two actresses at the same charity gala last year.

"Oh My God", Belle squeaked, bringing her hands to her lower abdomen.

"What happened?", Mary questioned, swiftly directing her gaze at her daughter with a concerned look.

"I don't know, I've been experiencing a slight backache around 20 minutes ago, but now it's stronger and I feel my abdomen tightening".

"You're probably in early stages of labour, Belle", Mary stated, making John get nervous. "Do you think we should take you to the hospital?".

"I don't know, Mom. They could be false contractions", she said, a slight grimace showing on her face.

"You should be able to tell the difference, sweetheart. I mean, you're a doctor".

"Yes, but I've never experienced it firsthand. Let's just wait for —", Belle paused, bending her body in order to see where the gush of liquid under her legs came from.

"Okay, let's not wait. I think my water broke. Call Rami, please".

"It"s happening", John exclaimed, getting considerably anxious. "Are — are we gonna take her to the hospital, Mary?", John asked his wife, ready to assist Belle, thinking of the best way to drive as fast as he could without getting a traffic ticket.

"Yes, John. Belle, I assume Rami's in his office, right?", Mary asked, grabbing her purse before rushing to the phone.

"Yes, Mom".

"Come here Belle, let me help you stand up", John said, taking Belle's hand and supporting her back with his other hand.

Mary called Rami, and he insantly answered the call.

"How many times do I have to tell you, Jack, to make you understand I don't want to go to your stupid midnight party? You can keep the sluts to yourself", Rami ranted, leaving Mary startled.

"What?", she exclaimed.

"Oh my God, who is this? Is that — is that you, Mary?", Rami asked, sounding embarrassed.

"It sure is".

"I'm so sorry, Mary", Rami apologised. "It's just that I have this friend who keeps calling me insisting me to go to some party he's throwing. In fact, he must be calling me as I talk to you".

"Don't worry. I'm calling you because I think Belle has gone into labour", she announced. "We'll take her to the hospital. Be there as soon as you can, okay?".

"Really? Oh God, yes, yes, I'm on my way".

"Alright", Mary hung up. "We can leave now", she said to her husband and daughter.

"No, we can't", Belle responded, fixing her green dress' wrinkles with her hand. "Let my dad know as well, please".

Mary took a deep breath, proceeding to call Freddie.

"I will, please get in the car".

"Hello?", Freddie said as he picked up the phone.

"Hi, Freddie. It's me, Mary".

"What do you want?", he retorted.

Mary curled her lip, becoming annoyed at Freddie.

"You don't even know what I'm calling you for and yet you treat me like crap", she snapped. "Belle's gone into labour. Get your butt to the Leighton Hospital as fast as you can, and do not tell anyone. We don't want photographers camping outside the hospital"; Mary instructed as she abruptly ended the call.

Freddie stood still for a moment, gasping, unable to process the magnitude of the process that was unfolding.

"Freddie... who called?", his boyfriend, Joe, stood up from his seat and approached him after seeing his unusual reaction.

"Joe", Freddie turned and looked at him directly in the eyes. "It's happening. Belle's in labour".

Joe let out a slight gasp before he gave a genuine smile to his partner.

"Well, it feels surreal to say this, but go ahead, go and meet your grandchild, Freddie", he patted his shoulder.

"I'm too nervous but excited at the same time".

"There's nothing to worry about. I'm sure this will be the role of your life".