{65} - I Want To Break Free

IF I COULD WAS PUBLISHED ONE TODAY ONE YEAR AGO! TODAY IS THE FIRST YEAR ANNIVERSARY OF IF I COULD!! I cannot thank you all enough for reading this story, for your votes and comments and for your TIME!! I never even imagined this would even hit 1K reads at all. Now we're at 18K! I never thought I would spend so much time translating this to Spanish and have the Spanish book be as successful as this one! This is the first story I have ever written so I didn't have high expectations for it! It's been surreal! Thank you, thank you guys, for making me so happy! This story is for you and only you!

It's been a whole entire week since Gwilym Lee went out of his way to get Michelle Hardy's forgiveness and his plan worked.

She forgave him and he forgave her.

Gwilym thanked Belle and Belle...

Belle is friends with Ben Hardy now.

Belle tried to distract herself from a very obvious point — the fact that Ben was her boss —, but she couldn't help but think that this newfound friendship could probably secure her spot as part of the psychiatric hospital's staff. She felt guilty, really guilty, for even thinking about benefiting herself through Ben, but it was impossible, no matter how selfless she was.

Anyways, Belle was sure Roger would be happy to hear that she now has a good relationship with his cousin.

Speaking of Roger, he was in his office having a serious conversation with his employee and best friend Adam Lambert.

"So, I really want to introduce Belle to my children this Saturday. I'm incredibly nervous, it has to perfect," Roger said with his chin perched on top of his loosely clasped hands.

"Don't try to make it too formal," Adam adviced from across Roger's desk. "If it's too formal, Belle could suspect that you are planning to take things to the next level. You don't want that, you want everything to be a surprise. Maybe you could introduce her to your children minutes before a family reunion, so the whole weight won't fall on her."

"Family reunion?", Roger raised an eyebrow, skeptical about the idea but quickly changing his mind. "Yeah, could be. I could invite Ben, and maybe spending more time together outside the hospital will improve Belle and Ben's relationship. I don't like to see them hating each other. They're my cousin and future wife, hopefully."

"See? You'll kill two birds with one stone."

"Do you think it would be weird if I invited Freddie as well?".

"Meeting the father of your future stepmother the same day as you met your stepmother would be weird for any kid, but I mean, we're talking about Freddie Mercury. I'm sure your kids will remember the day they met Freddie Mercury for the rest of their lives, and they will even tell your grandchildren about the story of how you married Freddie Mercury's daughter."

Roger smiled, picking up the phone to make call Ben and his sister to inform them about his plan. He felt good, really good. Nothing would be able to ruin his perfect night.

"I'll call Clare and Ben," Roger told Adam before dialing a number. "I know they both are really busy so they need to make time in their agenda for me."

"What about Freddie? He must be the busiest of them all."

"I think I prefer to talk to Freddie in person," Roger said as he fixed his tie. "After all, he's the father-in-law. I have to make a good impression."

Adam nodded. "You're right. Good luck with that."

"