{55} - Pain Is So Close To Pleasure

Daisy was arranging Rami's paperwork peacefully until a loud slam distracted her from her activity.

"Rami! What's going on?", she asked with worry. Rami had a dangerous kind of look on his face, one that made Daisy's legs quiver in nervousness.

"Belle.. and Roger..," he stammered as his eyes blazed with anger, pushing his shiny black hair back from his face. "They're together in Austria. Vacationing as if she was single."

"God, that's terrible. What will you do about it?".

"I don't know yet, Daisy," Rami replied, quite disoriented and confused and hurt about the fact Belle was with Roger. He was quite impressed with himself actually, because yes, Roger and Belle had a long story together, and this wasn't the first time Roger made him feel jealous, but this time it actually hurt very freaking much to imagine them together. That had not happened before, he usually felt a stinging sensation of jealousy, but nothing more. No hurt, no pain, no discomfort. But now it did. He felt betrayed and jealous and hurt. Rami wondered why it was so difficult for Roger to understand the fact that Belle was his wife, that Belle was the mother of his child. Rami came to the conclusion that Roger needed a stronger punishment to make him learn his lesson.

"Let me know when you have a plan."

"Right now, all I need you to do is to find out more information about Roger's new girlfriend. I don't remember her name, but it's all over the news. So you find out her name, find out where she works, what she does, find out as much about her as you can. I'll take my time to formulate my plan."

Daisy nodded, even though she had said she was not willing to take part in emotional sabotage anymore.

But maybe she was wrong.

--------------------------------------------  

"No, Roger, that is not happening. We'll keep on seeing each other." Belle could see Roger was upset. Not because they had gotten into a disagreement again — it was because Roger was nervous about what would happen once they both returned to London. Roger didn't want Belle to leave, he wanted to have her all for himself for at least two more days; But he knew he couldn't demand her such thing. She had already made such a big sacrifice leaving little Alice with her father in London, he totally understood her wish to reunite with her daughter as soon as possible.

"I just want to be with you. For as long as I can, for the rest of my days. That's all I want." Roger's head hung low, and his primary objective was not bursting into desperate tears.

"We will be together, Roger. I promise you. I won't let anyone come between us. Nothing bad that has happened to us will happen again. We are stronger now," Belle muttered, and Roger looked at her, only to feel how her brown doe eyes brought him back to earth. Sometimes, when he looked at her, be it in magazines, television or in person, he found himself shocked by the most basic things: How clean she was, no bruises, no cuts, no scars, he couldn't believe she was the same girl he had one seen covered in blood and wounds. It was such a morbid thing to think, he knew that, but the feeling of potentially losing Belle was still fresh in his brain. God, he loved her so, so much. He would literally die if something ever happened to her.

"Don't worry about anything at all, Roger. Everything is going to be all right," Belle whispered, holding his face so he would look her in the eye. Her soft lips pressed against his, and Roger felt all the tension in his body fall away into comfort and adoration. He curled a hand over Belle's back and let himself enjoy how the kiss turned into a stronger one — their tongues entwined and fighting for dominance as Belle itched to tug the lapels of Roger's coat. His hand slid up over her sweater, stopping at the crook of her neck where he gripped loosely, just enough for leverage, thumbing at the apex of her throat.