{14} - Adam

Hello everyone, happy 2018! I know I'm so late and I have taken so long to update this story. I apologise, I literally suffered from a very grave writer's block. I've recovered from it, I had a lot of time to write for this book when I was Internetless on my new house haha. BUT I KNOW I HAD TO COMPENSATE YOU GUYS FOR WAITING SO LONG, SO HERE IS THE LONGEST CHAPTER I'VE WRITTEN TO DATE! HOPE YOU ENJOY! LOVE YOU ALL!

"Brian, what the hell?", Belle exclaimed to her friend over the phone. "How come you didn't know who she was?".

"I never knew she was married to Roger", he responded. "I never even knew she was married, Belle".

"I doubt she'd tell you", she mocked.

"Look, Belle. I first met her a year ago. She told me she was dating someone, but I wasn't attracted to her. Now that I know she has a newborn daughter, the fact I didn't hear from her for several months makes sense. A few days ago, we both attended the same party, which is admirable for someone who just had given birth. We talked again and arranged our first date, and then she told me to drop her at Taylor Enterprises because she had left her car parked there. I didn't think anything of it, I just thought she worked there".

"I love the fact that you live under a rock, Brian".

"Miss Bulsara", the household assistant called. "A man named Roger Taylor wants to see you".

Belle's cheeks turned bright red, surprised by Roger's decision to visit her. She smiled to herself, then proceeding to answer as nonchalantly as she could sound.

"Sure, let him come in", she said to the female employee.

"Brian, Roger just arrived to my house. I didn't know he'd visit me. I'll call you after he leaves".

"Alright. Good luck".

Roger Taylor ambled to the living room, leaving Belle quivering. He was dressed in his typical formal clothing, standing in front of her holding a bouquet of flowers, a faint smile showing on his face.

"R-Roger", Belle's voice trembled as a result of her excitement after seeing Roger had brought her flowers. "Oh, hi. You shouldn't have".

"Let me spoil you, Belle", Roger said as he handed the flowers to Belle and hugged her. "How has your day been going so far?".

"Good, I did some homework earlier today and then I called my best friend. Yours?".

And that's when she remembered it. Her best friend had kissed Roger's wife. That sounded like the perfect plot of a soap opera. God, this whole situation was out of control.

"I took my daughter to ballet class and then I visited my sister. There's a flower shop near her house, so that's why I thought it would be great to get some flowers for you".

"Roger, this was really sweet", she said as she leaned in to smell the flowers. "I feel really special, thank you".

"You are special".

Roger and Belle smiled, but she suddenly realised they were both still standing in the middle of the sitting room, causing her to snap back.

"Oh, Roger, please take a seat", Belle said, sounding embarrassed. "Do you want something to drink?".

"It's alright, Belle. Unfortunately, I can't stay too long. There's a new employee at the company and you know, I have to be there to welcome him", Roger whimpered. "But I can come to see you tonight if you'd like".

"I think it would be better to see us later in the week, since I still have so much homework left to do", Belle pouted. "But I still appreciate that you took the time to visit me today".