{19} - I'm Scared

Five months later

Five painful months had passed since Roger last saw Belle, and he still remembered everything about the moments they spent together very well. He wondered if Belle was doing alright, or at least that's what he hoped. He wondered if she had regretted not listening to him the last time she saw him.

But he imagined she probably didn't think of him at all, because she now had far more important things to set her attention on, such as her boyfriend Rami. They had confirmed their relationship three months ago, and the press had a field day. It was their dream come true — the country's most elegible bachelor and the daughter of Britain's most important rock star were dating. Everyone was delighted for them — except him, of course, who couldn't help but roll his eyes whenever the couple received a compliment. And seeing Belle's relationship evolve was difficult, especially because the couple kept attending events he was invited to, but ultimately declined them in order to avoid seeing them in person. It had taken a toll on him, really, and he felt his emotions worsening every day.

Belle had a boyfriend now, that was true, but not everything was going as great as Roger thought. Belle was four months into her relationship now, but Rami was slowly morphing back into his old persona, acting like a lout again. After her father had started touring, she temporarily moved with him for a few months — and it seemed like a good idea. But when Belle realised that not even coming home to her every night would make him want to hide all of the evident cheating traces, she started to think she should have stayed with Roger.

However, Rami did love her, and that's why he had solutions to make up for every mistake he did. First it was sex, then dinners at luxurious restaurants, then expensive gifts. Some nights she would even get a painful combination of all three — but Belle had grown tired of them. She didn't want any of that, she just wanted his loyalty.

But Belle was sick now. Not emotionally sick, she wasn't even sick of Rami yet. She was physically sick, getting constant headaches, feeling nauseous and feeling tired at such early hours of the day. Her friends thought it was something related to the stress of school and the bad mood Rami was constantly putting her in. And it could have been true, but Belle knew it was something else — like a stomach infection maybe, since she never let her emotions affect her body.

"Where are you going?", Rami asked, hanging his coat on the hatstand.

"I'll visit my mom and stepdad", she responded. "I haven't seen John in so long, he was on tour. He's back now, so I can't wait to see him".

"Wait, weren't you supposed to visit them this morning?", he questioned.

"Yes, but I wasn't feeling well. I threw up again", she groaned.

"I still don't get why the hell you haven't seen a doctor yet. Next time I hear you complain about feeling unwell again, I'll force you to go".

Belle didn't respond, she just exited his house.

After driving for several minutes, Belle finally arrived to her mother's house. She opened the car's boot to grab John's present — a high-end cologne and a professional camera, and took a glance of the other gifts she had bought to other people, the majority of them destined to be given to Brian's little daughter.

"Belle!", John exclaimed, hugging his stepdaughter as soon as he saw her. "How have you been?".

"Hi, John. I'm good, but I've missed you so much. How was the tour?", she asked, a big smile shown on her face.

"Great, you know it's always nice to perform live, but very exhausting", he responded. "But you always have a lot of fun".

"I can imagine. Look, John, I got this for you", Belle said as she placed the presents on the table.

John blushed after seeing what they were.

"Belle, this is sweet of you", he thanked. "You shouldn't have".

"Well, I was feeling generous and decided to buy presents for my loved ones".

"What about mine?", Belle's mother, Mary, asked as she walked in.

"Mom, you already got yours", she chirped.

"Belle, I know this might sound a little weird, but... there's something different about you", John said. "I can't put my finger on what it is, but you're glowing. You look really pretty, though", he tittered.

"Well, I haven't changed anything about my hair or makeup at all. I think I still look the same", she said.

"So tell me, Belle", Mary digressed. "How are you feeling now? Weren't you feeling sick earlier today?".

"I was, Mom", she answered. "But I feel a little bit better now. I still have a mild headache, though".

"Belle...", Mary called her daughter's name with cadence in her voice. "Don't you think you might be pregnant?".

Belle's heartbeat immediately fastened, Mary's question had made her consider something she had not thought about before. Her mother's question was obviously reasonable — or at least reasonable enough to make her feel like freezing water had just been poured over her — but she scoffed at it like it was the most outrageous thing she had ever heard.

"Pregnant? Oh no, I'm not pregnant", she denied, trying to look as relaxed as possible. "It's only stress, you know, I'm about to start my Psychiatry specialty", she snickered.

"Well, I think you might be pregnant", Mary insisted. "You have all the symptoms I had. And you know it, Belle, you can't deny it. You're almost a physician yourself".

"No, mom, trust me. I'm not pregnant".

Mary and John glanced at each other and changed the subject, believing in what Belle had told them.

----------------------------

"Brian, where are you?", Belle asked, her voice quivering.

"I'm at home, Belle, why?", Brian questioned over the phone.

"I need to see you as soon as possible", she replied with an agitated voice.

"Why, Belle, what happened? You're scaring me".

"I think I'm pregnant".