{76} - Your Kind Of Lover

Aaaahh I'm still so excited about the fact Bohemian Rhapsody won four Academy Awards! I am so proud of Rami! Kinda sad this journey is about to be over but it really was an amazing one! Also, Ben posted an Instastory listening to my favourite album of all-time so it's been an amazing week for this girlie aaahhh 💜

That same night

Daisy Newton was so busy arranging Rami's next business trip that she didn't hear the footsteps approaching her desk. When she felt a pair of eyes laying on her, she raised her head and felt nothing but shock run through her veins.

"Ma-Mary?", Daisy stammered, her eyes wide open. "Are you looking for Rami? Look, he's in a meeting, he will be back in around ten minutes."

"No, I'm not here to see Rami. I'm here to see you," Mary declared, taking her sunglasses off. "Do you have a minute?".

Daisy nodded forcefully, wondering why on Earth the mother of Belle Bulsara wanted to talk to her. "Yes, yes, what can I help you with?".

"I think you might know valuable information that I currently need," Mary spoke with a firm voice, sitting across Daisy's desk. "I know you worked for Roger's ex-wife, Catherine, and successfully conspired against Roger having a relationship with Belle at the time. That is what brings me here tonight."

"Yes, I did, but I swear it was never my intention to hurt your daughter in any way," Daisy gibbered, her legs shaking. "Catherine obliged me to do everything I did. Please, believe me when I say that."

"No, calm down, I'm not here to reproach it to you," Mary denied, feeling the slight breeze of the air conditioner above her. "Quite the opposite, actually. I need you to go back to your old habits and get me the vital information I'm seeking."

"What do you need?", Daisy frowned, feeling pure tension accumulating in her head.

"I know Roger Taylor got married to Catherine Scarborough because he didn't want some documents to be released to the public," Mary mentioned, fixing her black blouse's collar. "Well, I simply need you to use pull your strings in Taylor Enterprises and get me those documents."

"But why?", Daisy exclaimed. "Look, Mary, I don't want to hurt people with my actions any more."

"You won't be hurting anyone with your actions, Daisy. If those documents happen to contain anything dishonorable, that isn't your responsability. It's theirs. Help me, please. I want to make sure my daughter is marrying into a decent family."

Daisy made eye contact with Mary before answering. "I don't know, Mary. I don't want to hurt anyone again, believe me when I say it."

"I'll pay you any amount you want. Seriously, just name it and you'll get it," Mary opened her purse and took out her checkbook and a pen. "Or maybe something even better. I heard that you're looking for an internship. Maybe I could get you one in the country's biggest law firm. Does that sound good to you?".

Daisy's eyes widened. "Is this for real?", she chirped. "Of course!".

"Yeah, but you'll have to get me the information I'm asking first, obviously. What are you planning on doing to bring me that document?".

"Well, my mind has been trying to come up with something for the last minute but I think the most effective way to get access to it will be through the easiest way," Daisy sounded enthusiastic. "I'll need to talk to Catherine again."

"At the psychiatric hospital?", Mary raised an eyebrow, resting her crossed arms on Daisy's desk. "Belle works there."

"No, I think Catherine has been discharged from the hospital," Daisy responded. "She came to visit Rami two days ago. I don't know how she got out so quick, though. I'm sure she had to blackmail someone, obviously."