{3} - Friends Will Be Friends

Hi guys! Thank you so much for the support this story has received! This third chapter is the calm before the storm. This is the last part where I am sort of making the introductions for the characters, and starting from the fourth chapter you will get to see a little more "drama". I'll probably publish it this Wednesday to make up for the lack of drama in this one (hahaha). Enjoy and thank you for reading my story!

Homework, calls from mom, calls from dad, playing with the cats, cleaning the bedroom, all those were activities Belle had spent the day doing; and thinking about Roger Taylor too.

The words Freddie had told her were very true, she felt much better after sleeping. She still found herself saddened by what had happened yesterday, but at least being busy had kept Roger a little out of her mind, probably that should happen more often.

Belle was home alone since her father was busy in the studio, so she was sitting in the living room reading a magazine, waiting for her best friend Brian to arrive to and then walk together to grab some pizza and have dinner.

The doorbell suddenly rang, she was sure it was Brian. She rushed to the door and opened it.

"Brian, thanks for coming!", Belle exclaimed, hugging her friend.

"It has been a while since I last saw you. Or maybe not, but it feels like it was so long ago", Brian said to his friend.

"It has been like, two weeks maybe", Belle grabbed her purse and turned off the lights. "So much has happened".

"Really? Tell me everything about it".

"Well, first of all, John invited me to join him and my mom to a trip to Paris. He will be playing with his band as they start their tour", Belle said as she locked the door. "He said I was allowed to invite you, it's gonna be fun, costs are on the production team".

Brian's eyes lit up. Everyone knew that Brian loved to travel, and his friendship with Belle had been going strong for three years straight, so her family trusted him a lot.

"Paris? I would love to. When is it? I'll have to ask for permission at work".

"Huh?", Belle hummed. "Ask for permission? Isn't your dad your boss?".

"I know, Belle. But I'm still an employee", Brian shrugged.

"Well, employee of your dad", Belle said in a mocking tone, "You don't have to worry. The trip will take place over the holidays".

Brian was definitely happy to hear that. "Oh, then I think I will go then. Imagine all the stereo pictures I could take! Ah, Belle, your stepdad is definitely the best".

And she knew that. Everyone had a bad connotation of stepmothers or stepfathers, but Belle appreciated and respected John. He had always been there for her, even during the times when she was younger and didn't understand how her mother could love someone that wasn't her father.

"I'm certainly very lucky", she stated. "But Brian, aside from that, there's something else I'd like to tell you".

"Sure, go ahead", he nodded.

"You remember who Roger Taylor is, right?"

Brian laughed. "Of course I remember who he is. Weren't you head over heels for him?".

"I was", Belle replied. "But I have a problem with him now".

Brian raised his eyebrow, wondering what it could be since Roger and Belle had not talked for years. "What is it?".

"Brian, I think I still love him. I know it's stupid because of all the time that has passed but it's just the way I feel", she sighed. "And the worst of all is that I remembered about him because I heard he just had his third child on the radio, I mean, I just have really bad luck".

Brian was a little taken aback by what Belle had told him, and he actually had a lot of questions to ask, but he decided not to because Belle seemed really upset.

"Oh, don't worry Belle. There are lots of other guys you can fall in love with", Brian finished his sentence with a shy smile after realising how bad his advice was. "Or not, but-"

"It's fine, Brian", Belle interrupted him. "I really know there isn't much to say. I just needed to tell this to you".

"But what are you going to do about this anyways?".

"Nothing", Belle shrugged. "It's very complicated and he probably doesn't remember me anymore. Even trying to talk to him would be senseless and rude considering the situation".

"Well, my dear friend, it's not like you are the most considered person in the world", Brian giggled. "Remember when you invited Beatrice to your birthday party a day after we broke up?"

Belle rolled her eyes and smiled. "Brian, my birthday party and its guest list were planned weeks before you had broken up with Beatrice. Also, you both got back together a few weeks after that".

Thinking about Brian and Beatrice's relationship was an interesting thing, because they had an off-and-on relationship that had lasted for almost two years. Their most recent breakup seemed to be the last one though, and as much as Belle loved them together, she knew they probably were better off without each other.

Before they even realised it, Brian and Belle had arrived to the pizza shop. They took a table and ordered two small pizzas and started chatting while waiting for the waitress to bring their food.

"Belle, you already know that you're my best friend and that I love spending time with you, but the ultimate proof that you're my best friend and that I love spending time with you is that we're here hanging out when I should probably be home working on my thesis", Brian declared. "I can't believe this is almost over, after it took me two gap years to gather the courage to dedicate to Astrophysics".

Belle smiled and nodded. "I get what you mean, Brian. I should be doing homework too, but it doesn't hurt to spend a night out".

Both Brian and Belle were studying demanding careers, Physics and Psychiatry, respectively.

"Actually, next year my teacher is planning on sending us to visit some important businesses and see how they treat their employees and if they actually take their mental health as seriously as their physical health", Belle explained. "I'm obviously not setting my expectations too high, but I really hope I see good things".

"Well, you can expect good things from us", Brian said, referring to his father's company. "I have always told my dad to please consider the employees' personal lives and emotions, it's almost impossible to be in a good mood all the time".

"Do you include yourself in that?".

"Oh, maybe".

They both laughed.