{9} - You And I

Hello guys! Since this story has gathered a lot of new reads in the last days, I will be holding a Q&A here about this story for Christmas! You can either leave one or more questions here, please feel free to ask any questions regarding the story and characters! Hehe ^.^ I just wanted to organise a special activity as a way to say thank you! Send them through DM or comment the questions on Instagram (@/queenfanfics)! Again, thank you so much!

"You can turn the radio on if you want", Roger said after being stopped by a red light. "Sometimes it feels amazing to drive while listening to some epic rock song".

"Well, I'll turn it on", Belle said as she pressed the radio button. "I love it too. I don't drive frequently, but I do love to listen to music while staring at the window".

"My God, I love that song!", Roger said as he turned the radio louder. "This is so awkward, I know, sorry. It's just so amazing, I can even play it on drums".

The song Roger was talking about was "I Want It All", which was sung by Belle's father. She smiled and then looked at Roger.

"Roger, you're a man full of surprises. I never knew you played the drums, that's so cool", Belle praised.

"I do. I'd be a drummer If I didn't have to run a company".

"So you don't enjoy being the important businessman you are?", Belle asked.

"I do, don't get me wrong. It's kind of stressful but it's fun at the same time. And now that I have children... you know, you try to make things right so they are proud of you when they grow up. They don't realise some stuff now, but they eventually will".

"That's right", Belle nodded. "Tell me more about you children, what ages are they?".

"My son is four. My oldest daughter is two and my youngest daughter is two months old", Roger said with a special sparkle on his eyes, he seemed to be truly proud.

"That's great. I bet they are the apple of your eye".

"They are, Belle. But I guess every parent will say that about their children", he joked.

"What about your wife?". A moment after asking the question, Belle wished she had not asked. It will probably leave her a little heartbroken.

She noticed Roger's facial expression had turned into a somber one. The question had somehow made him feel a little uncomfortable, she thought. She was ready to retract her question, but he suddenly spoke out.

"Her name is Catherine. She's slightly older than me, but she's nice. I have known her pretty much my whole life, and we got married seven months after dating".

"That's great", Belle said, sounding a little forced.

"Are you... Are you dating or seeing someone now?", Roger asked.

"I'm not", Belle revealed. "I haven't found someone worthy of my time yet".

Well, she did, but he was married with children.

"You will, trust me".

She wishes he could be the one.

"Are we close now?", Roger asked Belle, referring to the location of her mother's house.

"Yes, it's that beige and white house there", she pointed at it.

But Roger stopped his car at the wrong place, and Belle looked at him with doubt.

"Belle", Roger started his sentence, sounding way too nervous. "There's... there's something I need to tell you. I don't even know how to say this, but I need to get this off my chest and you need to know".