{23} - Put Out The Fire

"Adam, can we talk for a minute, please?", Daisy asked as she knocked her friend's office door, making sure no one was near so she could talk to him privately.

Adam flickered at the sudden loud knock, making him drop his pen on the floor.

"Su-sure, come in".

Daisy opened the door, eyes burning red after crying so much.

"Wait, why are you crying?", the concerned man asked, his eyes widening.

"I'll resign tomorrow, Adam".

"W-Wait, why?", he gasped. "You can't do this, Daisy. You're pretty much the only friend I have here".

"It's because of Catherine. I know I am her secretary, but I am supposed to help her with things regarding her job, not her personal life. She keeps threatening to fire me if I don't do what she wants and I can't do this anymore".

"That's horrible", he frowned, scratching his head. "As much as I don't want you to go, I support your decision, if you promise me that our friendship will continue".

"That has nothing to do with this, of course it will continue", she smiled weakly. "But there's something very important that I need to do before I go".

"What?", Adam questioned, intrigued by the mysterious look on her face.

"I'll tell Roger everything Catherine has done to avoid him from seeing Belle. He deserves to know".

Adam raised his eyebrow, remembering the moment when Roger told him he felt as if someone had influenced Belle to stop her from seeing him.

"Wait, this makes sense", Adam snapped his fingers. "Roger once told me he suspected that someone was influencing Belle so she wouldn't want to see him, so I definitely think you should let him know. It might be a little bit too late, but who knows what could come out of it".

"I just need to make sure Catherine isn't near, but she hasn't made her schedule available to me, she just keeps leaving the office at random times".

"Don't worry, I think I know what to do", Adam responded.

-----------------------------

"Are you sure you still want to go to college tomorrow?", Rami asked Belle as he held the strands of her hair while she puked into the toilet. "You told me the obstetrician had said you still had several weeks left to complete the first trimester, and I don't think the symptoms will go away anytime soon".

Belle got up and nodded, flushing the toilet and proceeding to brush her teeth.

"Yeah, I still want to continue to attend college. The last semester is about to end and I.. I just want to enjoy the last few weeks. I think I can do this", she assured as she grabbed her toothbrush. "A lot of my friends are excited about the baby though, they keep helping me whenever I feel bad".

"Everyone is excited about this baby, except the mother. Which is a shame, because having that grumpy face all the time about will literally give the same results as having a good attitude about this".

Belle rolled her eyes as she left the bathroom, she sat on the couch and covered her face with her hands.

"Oh my God Rami, I swear you don't know how to shut up".

"I bet you have not told your father that you are pregnant yet", he firmly said as he raised his voice, slowly getting more irritated by Belle's attitude. "I keep trying to put myself in your shoes, but I just cannot understand the reason why you are such in a stupid mood all the time".

"It's because of you", Belle snapped, throwing a cushion to the floor. "Because of the fact that we fight every single night. Tell me, do you think I enjoy being like this all the time? You are such a rude, arrogant person and it drives me so mad".