Chapter 2: Part 4

I looked at Cam, he was sitting in the floor of the living room playing video games.

"So... How was school for you today?" Cam asked in total focus of the game.

"It was fine. Except for some guys." I replied calmly.

"What?" He put down the controller and directed his attention to me. "Who? What guys?"

"It's fine Cam, really." I said faking a smile.

"No it's not, you need to tell me when these things happen! What did they do to you?"

"Just called me faggot, pushed me around. The usual." I'm so calm over this because I've gotten use to it. The daily routine of things, just because I'm in Cams group doesn't mean things will change for me. I'm not going to pretend to be someone I'm not. I'm gay and nothing can change that.

Even though sometimes it hurts like a bitch and I want to fall of the face of the earth...

"Why are you so calm over this?!" Cam exclaimed.

"Well what can I expect? I'm just a loser. And sometimes they're right..." I said looking down at my arms rubbing them. "Maybe I don't deserve to live, maybe I just shouldn't be here."

Cam's face dropped. He got up and sat on the couch next to me, holding my wrists. Dammit I hope he doesn't see them.

"Listen to me Nash." He said. I looked away. "Nash look at me, listen. You do deserve to live. Those guys are wrong and you cannot listen to them okay?"

I pulled away from his grasp.

"Easy for you to say." I know I'm pushing him away when all he is doing is trying to help me, but he doesn't understand. He doesn't know that I'm only doing this for him. But I have realized now he can't ever feel the same way towards me like I do him. I got up from the couch.

"Nash..." Cam said grabbing my hand. I didn't say a word, I just calmly but firmly pulled his hand off of me not looking back, and closed the door to the guest room.

(Cam's P.O.V)

I don't understand... Why won't he let me help him?

•--Next day--•

(Still Cam's P.O.V)

I walked through the halls gloomy that Nash didn't even try and talk to me this morning. I was completely ignored. I was so tired I didn't even try and get ready, I wore a sweat shirt and swear pants to school.

I spotted Nash at his locker, and I made my way over to him. But I stopped in my tracks when I saw Jake and them come up to him.

"So... You've got your boyfriend looking out for ya now?" Jake said. "Well you know what?! Thanks to your dumbass my coach kicked me out of football team for getting into another fight."

"And you're going to pay for that." His friend said.

They then pushed Nash down to the ground making a loud thump noise and threw whatever was in locker on top of him. I ran towards them.

"HEY!" I yelled. "Leave him the fuck alone! Or do you want to go another round again?!"

"Well look who it is." Jake laughed. "Look, it's your boyfriend. Why don't ya go and kiss him?"

Nash dug his face into his backpack not saying a word.

"You can't fight us. We were caught off guard, but now were ready for you." Jake said. "Come on! Get up loser."

He pulled on Nash's shoulders,

"Go kiss your boyfriend!" He then threw him at me. "Why don't you just die faggot? You shouldn't be here, you make everyone and everything miserable."

I toppled over, Nash falling with me to the ground. They walked away laughing. Nash on top if me with his eyes ready to tear, I got up and helped him up as well.

"I'm sorry Nash. Are you okay?"

"Yeah, I'm fine." He said. He was smiling but it was obviously a fake one. Why does he have to pretend with me?

"No.." I said embracing him in a hug. "You're not fine."

"Cam..."

"Just shut up okay?" I said. "I know you aren't fine. This kills you, I know okay? And I don't understand why you won't let me help you."

He pulled away from me. He got all of his things, putting it in his locker and grabbed his bag.

"Because I can't be helped. And they are right. I shouldn't be here and I should die. They are probably going to hurt you now too."

And with that he walked away from me. I stood there just not knowing what to do. Why?

Why does he have to think like that? I don't give a fuck if they come after me. Those fucking losers need to go to hell if they are making you think that you should just end it. I going to show you one way or another that you deserve to be here.