Ch. 20: Niklaus Forgives Me

Niklaus says,“Natalya, I love you. I have always loved you. Nothing will change that or make me hate you. You're beautiful to me. I don't blame you."

I look up at him and see that he is sincere. I pull him close to me and he wraps his arms around me. I revel in the feel of his arms around me. Niklaus buries his face in my hair. I pull away and go to Jackson. I pull him into my arms and bury my hands in his fur.

I say,“Jackson, you are going to have to find someone else to be your Luna. Maybe. I don't know."

Jackson looks at me and I look at Niklaus. I shift into my werewolf form and look at Jackson.

I say through the mind link,“Jackson, who do you choose to be your Luna?"

Jackson replies,“I choose you, Natalya. I know Hayley is betrothed to me but my parents have moved on. Besides my mother didn't want me to have a preset marriage anyway."

I reply,“You know everyone won't accept me as Luna."

Jackson replies,“They have no choice. They either accept you as Luna or they leave and become Omegas."

I reply,“Jackson, I'm part vampire. I'm also part witch. I'm not even half werewolf."

Jackson replies,“You were full werewolf before you were turned. You still are full werewolf. Just have even more parts added to your werewolf bloodline."

I reply,“There will be werewolves that will not accept this and riot against it."

Jackson replies,“I don't care."

I reply,“Let me think about it. I'll signal to you when I have made a decision."

Jackson replies,“Okay."

I walk towards him and sit on my haunches in front of him. He comes towards me and lays his muzzle on my shoulder and I lay my head against his. He licks the side of my muzzle and I jump away and try to wipe it away with my right paw.

I say,“Ewww. Jackson. Gross."

Jackson just laughs and walks towards the woods. I turn to see Niklaus standing there looking curious. I walk to him and he looks down at me. I yip and he places a hand on my head. I hear someone running. I get in front of Niklaus in a crouch and look around. I hear the werewolf coming towards me from the northwest. I turn and see a tan wolf emerge from the woods.

I say,“Stand down wolf!"

The werewolf doesn't listen and I growl.

I say,“I said Stand down!"

The werewolf says,“Out if the way. I must kill him."

I jump in front of the werewolf and roar. The werewolf lunges at me and I swipe my right paw at it and knock it to the side. I howl for Jackson and lunge at the werewolf as he tries to go for Niklaus again. It bites into my right hind leg and I whimper in pain.

I have it's left hind leg in my jaws and the wolf bites into my left thigh. I growl and bite through the hind leg and I pull away as the wolf releases me. It hops around on three legs and I see Jackson running.

The wolf lunges at me and I'm caught off guard because Niklaus was worried about me. I'm underneath the wolf and it's going for my throat when Jackson runs into the wolf. He is on top of the wolf and rips it's throat out.

I am on my side and whimper in pain. Jackson comes over to me and I look up at him. He nudges me with his muzzle and I whimper. I look towards my legs and he goes to them. I feel him lick my wounds and I hear Niklaus come over.

I look up at him and he looks down at me with concern. I help when I feel Jackson dig something out of my leg. I look at him and he has it in his mouth. He goes to Niklaus and I look at Nik. Niklaus looks at Jackson and Jackson sits down and holds his paw up. Niklaus understands and holds his hand out. Jackson drops the item into his hand and then comes and lays next to me.

Niklaus says,“I'll be back. I'm going to talk to Sophie and Elijah. I'm going to send Kol out here to bring you food and protect you."

I look at him then look at Jackson.

Niklaus replies,“I'll have Kol bring Rotisserie Chicken."

I yip and he smiles.

He says,“And a Caesar Salad."

I smile and he leans down presses a kiss to my forehead. I kick his cheek happily and he laughs.

Jackson says,“I made sure I wasn't followed."

I reply,“I'll be alright Jackson. It's not your fault. I don't blame you. But I also told you that the wolves wouldn't accept me."

Jackson replies,“No. This one was a rogue that we had taken in. I have no idea what pack he was from. I will find out when you are better."

I reply,“It's going to be a whole day until you can do that."

Jackson replies,“It can wait."

I reply,“Look, when Kol comes with our chickens, you eat and head back to the pack. Kol can take me back to the mansion. I'll be safe there. Trust me."

Jackson replies,“No. An Alpha stays with his Luna even when she is injured."

I reply,“But an Alpha has bigger things to worry about than his maybe Luna."

Jackson replies,“A Luna is more important than tracking down some rogue's past."

I sigh,“Jackson."

I close my eyes to rest and wait for Kol.

------------------------------------------------------------------

I know it's been ages since I've updated this story. I'm so sorry for that lovelies. I truly am. I hope you guys have stayed. I'm gonna try updating this one every other day. I repeat I will try. 

So who do you think the rogue wolf was?