Ch. 3: It's my Birthday!!!

It has been 200 years since the night of the fire. It has also been 200 years since Marcel changed me. Marcel had taken me in after the fire destroyed my family. I have lived with him ever since that night. He took over New Orleans. The humans look the other way when it comes to feeding. The witches don't do magic. Marcel got the witches to not do magic with his secret weapon. The world has changed in many ways. The year is 2015.

I sit up in bed and stretch. I wash up and get dressed. I'm wearing a pair of black skinny jeans, combat boots, and a corset. I blur into Marcel's room. He is asleep. I smile and launch myself at Marcel. He blurs out of the way and then blurs on top of me. I laugh as he starts tickling me.

Marcel says,"You know it's not nice to wake people up."

I say,"You were already awake."

He stops tickling me and I sit up. I wrap my arms around his neck and he pulls me close. He tightens his hold on me. I relax and he loosens.

I pull away and he smiles and says,"Happy Birthday, Nattie." I smile and he leans down and presses his lips gently against mine. This surprises me. I kiss him back and he pulls away.

I say,"That was surprising."

Marcel says,"Well I'm full of surprises sweetheart."

I say,"Wonder what type of surprises you have kept from me."

Marcel says,"You will just have to wait and see."

I smile and he wraps his arms around me and kisses me again. I kiss him back. My hands are on his arms. I feel him flex under my touch. I sigh and he pulls away. I look up at him and he smiles.

Marcel cups my face and says,"I cannot wait to have you start celebrating. Tonight is going to be fun."

I say,"Well let's get a move on."

He chuckles and blurs some pants on. I blur into his closet to pick out a shirt. He comes up behind me and wraps his arms around my waist. I lean back against his chest.

Marcel asks,"What shirt are you going to pick out for me?"

I step away from his embrace and walk around him. He is wearing black pants and black socks. I grab a midnight blue silk shirt and a dark green shirt. I hold them both against him.

I say,"I can't decide which one. I like the blue one more."

Marcel takes the blue shirt off the hanger. He puts it on and I help him button up his shirt. I place my hand on his bare chest over his heart.

He lifts my head up and I say quietly,"I'm always thankful for you helping me. I know I have only known you legally for eighteen years, but I love you Marcel. In actuality, I have known you for 200 years."

Marcel laughs and says,"I am happy that I didn't let you die 200 years ago."

I smile and say,"Me too."

He picks me up and carries me downstairs. He sets me on a chair. I hear Tieri coming down the stairs. He comes behind me and gives me a hug. I hug him back.

Tieri says,"Happy Birthday Natalya."

I say,"Thank you Tieri."

Tieri places a kiss on my cheek and goes to the coffee pot. Marcel comes back with four bags of blood. I take two of them and drain them. Marcel drains the other two. We tell Tieri that we are going to be at the club. Tieri nods and Marcel and I leave.