Ch. 8: Catching Up With Niklaus

I take a quick shower and get dressed. I see Niklaus standing watching. I sneak up behind him and wrap my arms around his waist. He blurs around me and I smile. He wraps his arms around me. I turn in his arms and get on my tiptoes. I kiss his cheek and smell a werewolf. I feel my face vamp out and push Niklaus down.

I growl and cry out,"Marcellus! Werewolf!"

I get in front of Niklaus and growl. Marcel's searching the perimeter. Niklaus is laughing. I look at him and he smiles.

I ask,"How can you be laughing Niklaus? There is a werewolf here."

Niklaus says loud enough for only me to hear,"I know where the werewolf is."

I ask just as loud,"Where is it?"

Niklaus' eyes change to yellow and he growls. I gasp and walk towards him. I feel the butterflies in my stomach flutter. I reach my hand out and place it on his cheek.

He leans into my hand and I say,"Let's go to lunch."

Niklaus nods and I say,"Marcellus!"

Marcel is in front of us and I say,"Niklaus and I are going to lunch."

Marcel says,"You know it's not safe."

Niklaus says,"If it's safety you're worried about. She will be safe with me."

I look at Marcel and he sighs,"You're both right."

I smile and grab Niklaus' hand and pull him out the door. We go to Covington and go to a diner. I smile at Ryder and he smiles back. I order a burger, fries, and a vanilla milkshake. Niklaus orders the same. Once Ryder leaves, I scoot closer to Niklaus.

I say,"You and I are spending the whole day together."

Niklaus says,"I think I can do that."

I smile and say,"I have something to show you."

Niklaus asks,"What's that, love?"

I place my hand on his leg and run it up his leg slowly and whisper,"I know of a club we can go to. We can drink there and no one will know."

Niklaus says,"I think I am going clubbing tonight."

I smile and say,"Show me your eyes."

Niklaus changes his eyes to his wolf eyes. I lean my head on his shoulder and he leans his head against mine.

I say,"I missed you Niklaus. I missed you more than you know."

Niklaus says,"I wish I could have gotten the chance to tell you that I would come back for you."

Our food comes and we eat. Niklaus and I finish our burger and fries and start drinking our milkshakes.

I ask,"Niklaus why were you in Mystic Falls?"

Niklaus says,"I was there because I was following Katarina."

I say,"Katarina is still alive. Surprising."

Niklaus says,"I wish I could take you with me when I go back to Mystic Falls."

I say,"I would love to go with you when you go back to Mystic Falls."

Niklaus says,"I am going back in 3 days. I'm going to be staying for a week and a half."

I say,"I think I can manage."

Niklaus smiles and I pay for lunch and we leave. Niklaus and I walk down the street and a woman and man step in our path. I step closer to Niklaus.

The woman says,"We want her."

Niklaus says,"You're not getting her little wolf."

I look around and see that no one is paying attention to us. I then see a woman chanting.

The woman changes and attacks Niklaus. The man changes and bites me. I cry out in pain and turn and plunge my hand into his chest. I rip his heart out and hear a snap. I turn and see that Niklaus has broken the werewolf's neck. I look at the bite and see that it has healed. I guess the rumor was just a rumor. I blur to the woman and she glares at me. I grab my head in pain and collapse on the the ground. It stops and I see Niklaus has killed her. I grab the she-wolf and throw her body over my shoulder and Niklaus grabs the man's body. We go and bury their bodies in the lake.

I say,"Ok. I think I need to go shopping."

Niklaus says,"I will take you shopping."

I smile and ask,"Really?"

He smiles and says,"I will."

I say,"Let's go get a new car."

Niklaus and I head to a car dealership and Niklaus compell the dealer to give us a Camaro. It's a sleek black Camaro with tinted windows. I get in and start driving to New York. I put the radio on and put it on Octane. Deal with the Devil by Pop Evil comes on. I start singing the song and tapping my fingers to the beat. I look at Niklaus and see him smiling. We're at a red light. It plays the title and I look at Klaus. He laughs and I smile.

I call Marcel and say,"You don't need to worry. Niklaus and I are going shopping. In New York."

Marcel says,"You should not be shopping."

I say,"Klaus needs to make up for all the birthdays he missed. Klaus and I are also going to a club I know."

I hang up on Marcel before he could respond. I speed up and we are in New York before nightfall. Niklaus and I head to Saks. I head to jeans and pants. I grab some black leather skinny jeans, black skinny jeans, dark blue skinny jeans, and more skinny jeans. I then head to tops. I grab several different tops all in black, white, dark blue, charcoal and grey. I also grab tank tops. I then head to dresses.

I look back at Niklaus and see that he is carrying the growing pile of clothes in both arms. I laugh and put several dresses on the pile. I know they are all going to fit me so I head to shoes. I grab some stiletto black leather boots, stiletto black boots, ankle black boots, stiletto strappy silver, black, and white heels. Niklaus and I head to the front and Niklaus pays for all the clothes and shoes.

We head to Hot Topic. I grab a couple different corsets, and Disney leggings. I go into the changing room. Niklaus sits with the bags and I come out modeling the different corsets. Niklaus agrees to get rid of the plaid corset. Everything else is good. I grab a Metallica wallet with a chain and some pants and we head to the cashier. Niklaus pays for it all and we head to a leather jacket store and Niklaus buys me three black leather jackets. We take all the bags back to the car and fit them all into the trunk.

I say,"I just need sunglasses and some accessories."

Niklaus smiles and says,"I think I know just the store."

We go to a Sunglass Hut and he buys me three pairs of black aviator sunglasses. He then takes me to Hot Topic, Claire's, and Spencer's. He buys me all the accessories I choose and we head back to the car.

I say quietly,"I'm hungry."

Niklaus says,"I am also hungry."

I see a couple walk into an alley. I blur into the alley with Niklaus behind me.

I say,"Hi."

The couple turn around and Nik and I go to them and compell them. I step back and so does Nik.

I say,"You pick."

Niklaus picks the girl. I feel my face vamp out and I slide my fangs into the man's neck and feed. I pulled away before I killed him. I feed him some vampire blood and compell him to forget me and Niklaus. Niklaus does the same to the girl. We leave and head to the car. I feel something hit me and I look down. It's a vervain dart.

I say,"Shiz. Klaus!"

I feel Klaus catch me and blackness takes over.

--------------------------------------------------------------

A/N

awww who shot Nattie?

What will happen next?

Vote Comment Read.