Ch. 1: The Night of Pain

Its been several years since my family and I moved to New Orleans. I have made several friends. One of them is named Marcellus Gerard. I call him Marcel. Another friend of mine is Niklaus Michaelson. He usually sends Marcel to look after me.Niklaus is older than me. Marcel is older than me as well. He is very handsome. I can hear him following behind me. I turn around and Marcel isn't there.

My name is Natalya Russo and I am a vampire. This is my story.

I say loudly, "It's not nice to stalk a helpless girl,"

Marcel says, "The girl isn't helpless if she is a beautiful girl who has stolen my heart."

I say, "Marcellus."

I hear the smile in his voice and see it when he appears in front of me and says, "Natalya."

I ask, "Why are you following me? Niklaus didn't send you did he?"

Marcel says, "No Niklaus didn't send me."

I say, "Marcel I am out shopping. Nothing interesting."

Marcel nods and asks, "Would you like me to leave you alone?"

I say, "You're here now. Might as well stay."

I hear gun shots. I turn around and look around. I hear gunshots. I gasp and realize that's its coming from my parents' home.

I say, "Marcellus. It's my parents. They're in trouble."

Marcel looks at me and asks,"Are you sure?"

I nod and take off running towards the home. Marcel is right behind me. I see smoke coming from the drive way. I scream as I see the flames. Marcel grabs me as I try to go into the house.

I say,"They could be in there Marcel."

Marcel says,"You are right. They could be. We don't know."

I say,"Marcel let me go."

He says,"I am not going to let you go just so you can kill yourself."

I start crying and say,"Please Marcel. Just let me go."

Marcel says,"Dammit Natalya. I am not going to let you go."

I start sobbing and Marcel pulls me into his arms. I lay my head against his chest and he holds me.

Marcel says,"I will take care of you. I will be here for you forever. I promise."

That night we learned that Niklaus and his family left.