Ch 26: Betrayal

It's been a few weeks since I saw the images of Thierry's death. It's her a few weeks since he was sentenced to the Garden. I haven't really gone out much. I've stayed tucked in the plantation that we have made somewhat our home. I eat and sleep. Sometimes I draw. Sometimes I go out to the back porch and sit there staring out at the endless scene of greenery. Thierry isn't really dead and yet, I feel as if he already is.

I'm staring out at the greenery and am drawing a scene with a waterfall. Thierry's and my waterfall. I then begin drawing him and I on the bank of the waterfall just sitting there next to each other.

Rebekah says,"Come on, Natalya! You can't sit here and be a bum all day!"

I don't respond and she says,"Nat, Thierry isn't dead. He's in the garden. Marcel won't let him out more so now because of your vision. Come and join Elijah and I for lunch."

I don't stop what I'm doing and I hear Rebekah scoff as she walks back inside. The graphite tip breaks and I reach for my sharpener to find that it isn't there. I head inside with my sketchbook and Elijah and Rebekah are there. Elijah is holding my sharpener in his hand and he looks at me.

I say quietly,"Give me my sharpener, Elijah. Please."

He says,"Not until you join Rebekah and I for lunch."

I say,"I'm not hungry."

Rebekah says,"You need to keep up your strength, love."

Elijah says,"Yes. Rebekah is right. Come eat, please."

I reply,"What part of I'm not hungry do you not understand, Elijah?"

He says,"Sit and eat and you can go back to drawing."

I say,"I'm not hungry."

Elijah says,"Then no sharpener."

I exclaim,"Give me back what is mine, Elijah."

He turns with it in his hand and starts to walk away from me. I feel my fangs come out and I pounce. I have Elijah on the floor and he quickly has me under him.

I growl and bite his arm. He releases me and I punch him. He looks at me as we stand.

I exclaim,"Is this what you bloody wanted Elijah!?"

I punch him again and yet he does nothing. I punch him over and over again a few times.

I ask,"Is this what you wanted from me?"

Elijah doesn't say anything and I say as I punch Elijah,"I sit out there and draw because if I don't, I will go even more crazy than I already am knowing my best friend will die."

I jump punching him and he goes to one knee and I say,"KNOWING HE WILL DIE AND I CAN'T DO ANYTHING ABOUT IT!"

I punch him and his head snaps to the side.

My voice breaks as I exclaim,"I CAN'T SAVE HIM!"

I pull Elijah to his feet and shove him back he doesn't fight back.

I spit out,"Fight me!"

I shove him again and he doesn't do anything.

I exclaim,"THIS IS WHAT YOU WANTED ISNT IT!"

I shove him back and say,"DO SOMETHING ELIJAH!"

I shove him and slap him hard. He's a bloody mess and I smack his chest. He does nothing and I keep smacking his chest as I realize I can't save Thierry. I keep smacking Elijah feebly until I collapse to my knees defeated by myself. I scream out my frustration and pain and it cuts off into sobs.