Ch. 6: May I Have This Dance?

Niklaus pulls away and I look behind him. I don't see Rebekah or Elijah.

I ask,"Where's Rebekah and Elijah?"

Niklaus says,"They aren't with me. They are back in Mystic Falls. In Virginia."

I say,"Virginia. Now that's a peculiar place to be."

Niklaus says,"It's actually quite nice."

I look around and see everyone staring at us. I look to the DJ and he starts playing music. I look up at Marcel and see him staring. Watching. I look at Niklaus and smile. I grab his hand and pull him out onto the dance floor. The song changes to a slow song.

Niklaus asks,"May I have this dance?"

Niklaus takes my hand in his and I place my other hand on his shoulder. His hand is on my waist. I look up at him and he smiles. The dance floor clears and its just me and Niklaus.

Niklaus says,"Let's see if you still remember the lessons I gave you."

I say,"Let's see if you remember AND can keep up."

He looks in my eyes and says,"I think I can keep up with you, love."

I feel my stomach flip and he starts to lead. Soon we are gliding across the floor in graceful moves. Niklaus throws me into the air. I spin and he catches me. I put a little modern dance in my moves and slide down his front. I hear him gasp as I push my behind against his front. I come back up and he ends with his fangs out and near my neck. I am breathless and so is he.

He says,"Not bad."

I laugh and say,"Not so bad yourself."

I look up at Marcel and see him smiling. Everyone starts clapping. I run and blur up to Marcel. I look at him and smile. Marcel doesn't look happy.

I say,"What's wrong darlin? You told me to enjoy myself. I am."

Marcel says,"I didn't think you would dance with him."

I say,"Marcellus."

He says,"Natalya."

I say,"No need to be jealous."

Marcel looks surprised and says,"I am not jealous."

I giggle and kiss him on the cheek and say,"Sure you're not."

I slide down the banister railing. I look at the DJ and he looks at me.

I say,"Play Don't Stop Believin'. Toss me a Mic."

He nods and tosses me a Mic. I catch it and blur into the room and change into my outfit before. The song starts playing. I sing the song and everyone dances.